Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story-accused falsely

Hi everyone this is my story..
    I was with my partner for 3 years and we had a beautiful daughter together.
    We never had any issues in our relationship- until i got a second job and she became unhappy and I believe fell out of love with me.
    I had an argument with her step dad over arranging a secret birthday party for her 26th which got out of hand due to his wife **** stirring basically.
    In the end he rang me up threatening me and i ended the call on him.
    Afterwards I text him and told him I didn't want him seeing my daughter due to him threatening me.
    He rang up my partner blew the whole plans about her surprise party and well I don't know what got said further to this day between them..
    But about 48 hours later I picked my partner up from work and she seemed happy, everything was normal and she told me she was taking our daughter for a walk.
    She even told me her sister was coming on Tuesday and so my mum made up the spare room for her.
    She then text me 2 hours later saying she wanted to go on a break but then 1 hour after that changed her profile to single. I was upset she lied to me and asked why, tried to ring to check our daughter was safe nothing. She then blocked and deleted me.
    I was horrified, baffled and upset.
    The next morning at 4am things got worse.. 9 policeman came to my door and told me i was under arrest for 2 counts of rape and cohesion.
    Eventually, when I got interviewed i was told my now ex partner was accusing me of this! She couldn't remember the dates or times and had no DNA but said I raped her in 2020 and at the start of 2021. It was all lies and rubbish. They then said I had 'cohesioned' her by not letting her see her family and friends- more rubbish as she saw her family and friends every week!
    My solicitor told me it was a very very weak case and he'd be surprised if I was charged- the police seized my phone and bailed me.
    He advised me to answer all their questions and I told them the truth that i believe her dad put her upto the fake allegations to subliminally send a message to me that he controls my daughter not me and his daughter.
    I was set bail conditions stating to not contact the childs mum or go to her fathers address. I've kept to this- however she has tried to add me on a new snapchat which I blocked and deleted and reported to the police immediately.
    I've told the police if i controlled her and raped her why is she trying to add me after these allegations and this isn't the behaviour of someone whos been raped and controlled but surprise surprise no response in 3 days from them!
    I'm now at the point where i'm upset, raw from everything but more over can't understand why no due dilligence is taken by the police when they take on these cases.
    My solicitor said he will write to the CPS when its dropped to ask for her to be charged for making a fake statement but from what ive read on here am i right that this is unlikely to even batter a eyelid from the police and my bail could drag out for months? am in the UK!

Hello & welcome to the forum, though of course sorry that you needed to find us.

Your solicitor has heard your statements and listened in on your interview so I would be completely confident in what he has told you about the likelihood of this not going any further.

This is of course no help to you in coping with the aftermath of the accusation; as you mentioned this is likely to drag on for a while simply because it is a weak case and the police will first concentrate on those that are winnable. Hopefully you are getting support from your own family.....

As to why they are bothering to chase it up at all, the answer lies in the recent media furore regarding the low conviction rate for rape cases. Any member of this forum will understand why this is so but the general public simply do not realise that the majority of cases are discontinued because there is no evidence that they ever occurred!

In this current scenario I can imagine that no police force would dare not to risk investigating a rape allegation that is brought to them providing it could have occurred (i.e. unless the alleged perpetrator has an alibi for the time in question)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

There has been other things happen since this incident-so while i was in custody the police sent police protection units to recover her stuff- the police took about 8-9 bags of stuff my mother left outside however my mother made it clear to the officers she didn't want her enterting the property- they told my mum if she left stuff outside they would arrest me- yes thats right me while i was i custody incase they were stolen for arrest-
      my mum said how would you even charge him when i've done it and hes in your custody and they told my mum to shut up as they are 'inspectors' of the ppn unit in the end the alleged victim didn't come in..
      anyway..after this about 3 days later mutual friends of ours posted statuses asking for clothes online saying they were for a 2 year old and same size shoe as my daughter- have asked those friends if those shoes were for my daughter and they said yes and i said if she needs any clothes please let me know...this wasn't in an attemot to try to contact her and breach bail conditions but because i had genuine safeguarding concerns for my daughter- shes always worn brand new designer clothes i paid for or gave her mum for or reimbursed her mum for when we were together so i was concerned- will the police arrest me on bail back saying its attempted contact as she after posted a status sayng that anyone who i contact to screenshot and send her?
      Her birthday was the following week and with the break/up/allegation/not seeing my daughter/being alone in our house i didn't want gifts/cards/items posted to me so I told a few mutual friends what had happened and it wasnt true.
      Will the police use this against me?

my car was maliciously damaged (i believe by the alleged victims father) and despite the police putting in bail conditions to tell me not to contact her she has tried to add me on social media and her father has placed laughing emojis on a business status i had for my business on social media- i again instantly reported this and blocked them- the police just said to me for both reports there is nothing they could do as its linked to a current case and just pass it onto the officer and tell them when i go back for bailback...
      I did say to the officers it isn't the actions of a alleged rape victim and her grieving father to be provoking a alleged raper/controller and this seems odd but they don't seem to care?

Ive also been clearing the house out since have around 10 bags of her stuff further and got fed up as police told me to arrange visitation of my daughter through social care..rang them theyve dropped and closed their case against me as no concerns and told me to seek legal advise..have hired a top law firm in my area who came recommended very highly through professionals in child services and professional friends
      Last edited by curtainsplit; 27 June 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Take a deep breath Curtain split. I'm really sorry you are in this situation but please try to stay calm and remember that you will get through this.

With regards to her property that you still possess, you cannot dispose of it or leave it outside to possibly get stolen. If it is not returned to her then you could well be charged with theft. Imagine if someone had your property and claimed they had threw it away or it had disappeared. I'm afraid you'll have to hang on to the remaining bags for now or speak to the officer in the case (OIC) about returning them to her.

I'm assuming your bail conditions forbid direct or indirect contact and while I doubt offering to buy shoes for your daughter will lead to your arrest, I would strongly suggest that you go through official channels from now on. Her asking her friends to take screenshots suggest she is hoping to catch you out somehow. BTW it would have been a good idea for you to screenshot her friend request with the date and time, screenshots and messages can be valuable evidence.

These things tend to drag on for a long time unfortunately so don't be surprised if the police end your bail and release you under investigation (RUI). If this happens, I would highly recommend that you still do not have any contact with the accuser until the investigation is over for, while there won't be formal bail conditions, she could still claim that you are harassing or attempting to intimidate her

I'm glad that you have instructed a solicitor although sadly this won't be cheap. It is always strongly suggested that you write out a timeline of events that will help your solicitor pick up the facts of the case quickly.

I'm afraid that it seems likely to me that she might try and oppose contact between you and your daughter and as a general word of advice, you must be on your best behaviour at all times. Don't give her any ammunition or anything that could be twisted and used against you so be careful what you say to mutual friends; you might feel like calling her a **** in a text but that text may end up being read out in court. Whether things get that far or can be resolved through mediation, you want to appear as reasonable and pleasant as possible.

You haven't done anything wrong contacting mutual friends that the police could use against you that I can see so don't worry about that but again, be careful. Mutual friends have a habit of taking sides in these kind of situations.

CCTV is a fairly affordable option these days but the police should have recorded the vandalism of your car as a crime and given you a crime reference number for it.

Lastly, the forum is rather quiet and while there are many posts that you might find useful if you search for keywords, you will find more immediate support and advice where there is more activity. ( although you are always welcome to post here and we shall do our best to point you in the right direction )

I have no experience of them myself but Families need fathers has been recommended by others, they have a website,forum and a helpline : https://fnf.org.uk/

There is also fathers 4 justice : https://www.fathers-4-justice.org/ou...dvice-support/

Accused.me.uk has the largest facebook forum for people falsely accused of rape.

FASO are a long running support organisation for the falsely accused and offer support via email with a helpline open 3 evenings a week : http://www.false-allegations.org.uk/

Liam Allen also has started his own charity, the defendant, which also offers email support and a helpline open 3 evenings a week : https://thedefendant.org.uk/

Good luck with it all. I hope things can be resolved quickly. Please let us know how things go as it can be encouraging for others to read of peoples progress. Keep cool.

For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thank you so much- i do have cctv normally at the property but the ex when she left disconnected it and the car damaged happened between that period of getting new internet.
          I have kept and created a dropbox link with years of contactwith friends family- photos sms messags, checks in from fb etc and have over 200 images.
          I plan to provide these to the cop but have asked my solicitor to get in touch with me

Comment

Hi just an update had a friend come to me and now state the alleged victim is telling people I also use to beat her up-i have taken screenshots of this and the person who has advised me is willing to make a police statement.
            Have been in touch with the solicitor representing me who has said in correlation with the above it does seem to be harassment the police are unbiasely choosing to ignore.
            He has advised me we handle it in 1 of 2 ways but both seem reasonable to me- is it usual of the police to do this?

Comment

UPDATE: Solicitor was chasing yday and heard nothing..2 cops came to my house whilst out 'extended bail for 3 months' same bail conditions.....guess ill have to see what happens

Comment

UPDATE; Notice it looks like the police officers came to try and add on a 'dvpo' notice which was hidden but then they just posted a bail sheet with it on...does anyone know what the hell the grounds are for adding one of these or if its normal?

Comment

Originally posted by curtainsplit View Post
                  UPDATE; Notice it looks like the police officers came to try and add on a 'dvpo' notice which was hidden but then they just posted a bail sheet with it on...does anyone know what the hell the grounds are for adding one of these or if its normal?
                  Bit of a new one on me to be honest, I would definitely ask your sol about this.

According to my quick reading of the interwebs, a DVPN is supposed to be served personally by the OIC and lasts only 48 hours until a DVPO is obtained at a magistrates hearing which you should be given notice of. You should also be told of the grounds on which it has been issued.

I'm not sure why this is necessary on top of bail conditions but it makes it all the more imperative that you avoid her and anyone connected to her.

More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...urity-act-2010
                  For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post

Bit of a new one on me to be honest, I would definitely ask your sol about this.

According to my quick reading of the interwebs, a DVPN is supposed to be served personally by the OIC and lasts only 48 hours until a DVPO is obtained at a magistrates hearing which you should be given notice of. You should also be told of the grounds on which it has been issued.

I'm not sure why this is necessary on top of bail conditions but it makes it all the more imperative that you avoid her and anyone connected to her.

More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...urity-act-2010
                    Hey so it turns out my solicitor hasn't found any evidence they put a DVPR/DVPO against me but can't explain why a 'dvpr' is put in there- he agreed with you due to bail conditions it wouln't be needed but he did say he'd check the magistrates court anyway but haven't heard back from him so presume its a typo.

In the meanwhile the alleged victim has tried adding me on social media, told my work colleagues that I use to beat her now (not control or rape her) and so has her dad too,, shes also insisted only her dad meets me directly to collect her remaining items she didnt take with the police protection unit and then has had her dad show up with a crowbar despite being told not to turn up and that we don't want him too which a neighbour witnessed. I've reported it all to the police and said i do feel like this is harassment, intimidation and malicious communication.
                    Also found out she's now claiming legal aid for domestic violence and a house as well- very odd behaviour seeing as she's been drinking every day and out partying since the split.
                    The police anyway are refusing to investigate the above and just keep telling me their passing it onto the IO -investigating officer despite their being CCTV and witnesses!
                    Last edited by curtainsplit; 14 July 2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: Solicitor has spoke to the police no DVPR/DVPO intended against me apparently and purely a wording error. However i have oddly been given 2 re-bail dates one in August and one in September not sure if thats usual but now my solicitor says all we can do is wait and see if the CPS put the case to them and what happens.
                      In the meanwhile I had to hire a solicitor to try and get contact for our child and FA has been making that as difficult as possible- and given a diff story to what she told the police and lied to civil courts saying i got arrested for beating he up when this is not the case. Am hoping this nightmare all becomes over- oddly to defend that claim in court we used the custody record and I noticed that the custody record doesn't just mention 2 allegations am accused of but says the FA alleged I raped her numerous times over the last 4 months. I asked my solicitor about it and he said not to worry the custody records are often wrong..but i've now been told by a civil judge until these allegations are dealt with i cant see my child which is really upsetting- i'm o anti depresants now and praying justice occurs and this ends

Comment

Hey thought to keep updating this thread as am sure alot of members like myself feel embarrassed to have ever had a fake allegation put in by themselves and whilst am aware facebook groups and other sites are the norm now am sure alot of members dont want their personal name on the groups like me.
                        I am going to try update this thread so members who browse can see my story and hopefully it helps them.

I've had sim card threats sent to by the alleged victims father and her and to be honest total harrassment, intimidation and further stuff but the police haven't been interested.

So in my case I got video contact ordered by a judge in family court cafcass as normal were against me.
                        The childss mum has messed around with family contact but thats another matter.

I was meant to go back in august for bail- that got extended until around this week (won't give specifics on here incase im matched.)

However now been told I'm RUI'd (released under investigation) with bail conditions dropped but solicitor has warned me to not contact her incase she makes up more fake allegations.

My solicitor was vague about how long the RUI will go on for but said they do have to update a high ranked officer about things and they'll chase every 3 weeks anyone got any experience as am dreading it..reading on here 3-4 years rui?
                        Last edited by curtainsplit; 7 September 2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update CS, I'm sure our readers will find it helpful to keep up with your case.

As I have repeated ad nauseam, RUI is not really any different to being on bail; although there are no formal conditions, contact with a false accuser can have serious repercussions including accusations and possibly charges of witness intimidation , stalking, threatening behaviour etc. In many ways, bail protected both the complainant and the accused.

In fact, some of our previous members have thus been further accused and it has been advised to turn on your own GPS and keep receipts from shops etc to help prove your whereabouts should the need arise. Experience shows that those capable of making a FA are not going to care about making more so please take care.

3-4 years for a charging decision is not unheard of and is perhaps becoming more common with RUI but generally, cases are disposed of sooner than that. I'm glad to see that you seem on the ball in terms of gathering and retaining evidence and fingers crossed, this will all help in the long run.

Hopefully your case will be at the shorter end but while you are at the "limbo" stage, the timeless advice to look after yourself and your mental health, keep busy, eat well and try not to over think remains the same.

Keep cool and hang in there.

Comment

Thanks Peter- I must say that is very good advise- espically about the GPS.
                            Luckily I do have video dashcam in my car with GPS tracing and i scan all receipts onto a reward app so would have some recollection.
                            I guess that having being arrested in June to go to RUI by September the case has moved fast in comparison to some- oddly the oic - has asked me to send evidence to them of contact by the FA which i did through my solicitor but in regards to threats to kill made against me the police have done little to nothing.

Comment

UPDATE:
                              No change still RUI'd - solicitor says they are chasing but unlikely to get a response and awaiting CPS decision apparently - left in limbo in the meanwhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X