Accused on social media of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused on social media of rape

I am looking for advice following an ex gf of my 18yr old son posted a video on the social media site tiktok where she accused him of rape. She posted his name, pictures and Instagram details. He has been receiving threats which include death threats. They were together at age 15 so this relates to 3 years plus ago. The allegation is completely false they never had full sex. Their relationship ended sourly. The first thing he knew of this was via a friend who had seen the video. My son also has major anxiety mental health issues. His reaction was to involve the police as he wanted the post removed. The police attended. The outcome of which was to inform him they are unable to get tiktok to remove the video. To ring 999 if he is physically threatend or harmed. They are also going to speak with the girl to ask her to take down the post. This has now left him in a state. He is concerned that when faced with a police visit this may make things way worse for him. She is known as an attention seeker. She now identifies as a gay female. I feel that we should prepare for the worst now that the police are involved. I have been looking at posts in this forum and should look at finding a solicitor should he be called for an interview? We are in South Buckinghamshire if anyone has any recommendations. I will also ask him to write down everything he knows about this girl and everything he remembers about their relationship.

Thank you for any help and advice
    Last edited by Joolzy; 17 March 2021, 10:31 AM.

Hello and welcome to the forum though sorry that you needed to find us.

The forum is very quiet atm, I think everyone posts on FB these days, so you may not get many replies. However if you look on the 'Useful Information' section of the forum as per link below you will find a list of solicitors that members have recommended in the past and also a very useful location map compiled by Peter1975.

It's great that you are supporting your son through this, this will be an enormous help to him......

Useful Information - The People's Concerns: Support & Discussion Forums (daftmoo.org.uk)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you for your response. This site has already been a great help to us with useful advice

Comment

For the South East I would recommend you contact Harvey Fox of Freeman's Solicitors for police station interview advice.

https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

This is where I send anybody who is expecting to be interviewed in that area of the UK. You are unlikely to find better.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X