Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic rape accusation

Hi,

My boyfriend of 4 years was arrested in August and has been accused of raping his 2 ex girlfriends. One was a 3 year relationship which ended around 5 years ago ago and the other was a 1 and a half year relationship which ended around 9 years ago - this relationship they both lost their virginity to each-other.
    Both of these girls know each-other and accused him at the same time.

One has done 4 counts and the other 5, so my partner has 9 counts against him.

After being arrested he was released on bail and his
    phone was taken. His only bail condition was to not contact the girls.
    The police interviewing him were very nice and brought him home when he was released.

We got a solicitor straight away and he took a duty solicitor at the time of questioning. His bail period keeps getting extended due to
    not looking through his phone yet, we are coming up to 6 months now.

As you can imagine this has sickened us both and we are very worried as we don’t know what is going to happen next.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum and it's great that you're supporting your boyfriend through this; it will be a huge help to him.

If you have a chance to look through other threads on the forum you will note that the length of time folks are waiting for a decision varies greatly, it certainly isn't a case of one size fits all.

His solicitor may be able to better advise, but I would take comfort in that the police/CPS are supposed to bring charges once there is sufficient evidence to take the matter to trial (i.e. with a better than 51% chance of a a guilty verdict in court)

As this hasn't happened it suggests that there isn't sufficient evidence even with the statements from the two girls and presumably the police/CPS are hoping that looking at the phone will turn up something to corroborate their statements.

If you or he can think of a motive for the accusations being made now so late after the alleged events, this will help your sanity......
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you.

That does help. It’s a crazy world we live in unfortunately.

Comment

Off the top of my head, 6 months is the limit for bail time before the police need permission from a judge to extend it again so don't be surprised if he is un-bailed and released under investigation. (RUI) - If that happens and bail conditions are lifted, It's still important that nobody has contact with the complainants. Further criminal charges for witness intimidation, perverting the course of justice, stalking offences or harassment are always possible. ( But they can be stalked on social media as long as you only take screenshots )

Fingers crossed for the right outcome
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

It might be a good idea for you to research decent solicitors who have ample experience of defending these cases should it come to trial. Do not be swayed by fancy websites that state that they are "top solicitors for false allegations" or some such rubbish. Good solicitors do not need to advertise so blatantly. You would need to find representation in the area a trial is likely to take place, ie, where the alleged offences are said to have occurred.

Which area are you in? North East / West / Midlands / South / South East / South West? It may be possible for some of us to identify a decent defence team in the area, so that you are prepared. You would not have to keep the services of the duty solicitor if you don't wish to do that.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for this however soon after my boyfriend was arrested we sourced our own solicitor. They had very good reviews and the man dealing with our case is experienced in this area. The duty solicitor passed on all the necessary information the following week.

We had a call from the police last week to inform us that they have the downloads from his phone and are now just awaiting school and doctor records.

Comment

Hi,

We are now 10 months on and the police are writing up the report on my partners case. She has been doing this for the past 7 weeks now, do you know how long this process can take?

Comment

Working...
              X