Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic sexual abuse of minor

Hi, thanks for accepting me onto the forum

There is a lot to get through, but I'll try and keep to the main points without being too boring with it...

So back in 2011, I was suddenly and without warning arrested for rape of a minor under the age of 13. It was my first daughter who at the time of the arrest was 10, she falsely claimed I had sex with her when she was 6. She had actually written a letter to her mum saying, sorry I was naughty, it was because daddy had sex with me.

I waited approx 30 mins for a duty solicitor, had an interview for around 15 minutes, then released shortly after with a NFA.

I had explained in the interview that the timing was really bad as at the time, the divorce from my daughters mum was nearing decree absolute. I was using public funding at the time for the divorce (low wages) and was told that I wouldn't be able to start a child arrangement order until the divorce was complete. My ex had stopped access to my 2 daughters a year or so before. The divorce took almost 3 years to complete! It came across that they agreed with me that it was convenient timing.

Having spoken in depth about it to my family, I was advised that as hard as it might be, I would be better off closing that chapter and concentrate on my new relationship to the women I had left my wife for.. We married in 2013 and had 2 kids together. She also had a daughter from a previous relationship who I had known since she was 6 months old and treated her like my own in the absence of her real father.

So fast forward to 2018 my marriage to wife #2 came to an end. She was alcohol dependant and had completely gone off the rails, and had been cheating on me with a man she hadn't seen for years. I knew in the back of my mind what was going on, but it was still a shock.

We cohabited for a while, which was a challenge, I did pretty much everything whilst she just drank herself into oblivion. I wasn't prepared to leave my home and leave her in charge of the children in the state she was in. Social services had been involved, but she lied her way through it. Eventually, things got too much with argument after argument, she had printed off a letter addressed to our housing association to terminate the joint tenancy. I was told by her that if I tried to screw her over, she would send the letter and screw us all over. I spoke to a solicitor with the intention of going for full custody of my 2 children, and for parental responsibility of my step daughter with full custody of her too.

Obviously this didn't go down too well, and she took off with the kids and went into hiding early Jan 2019.
    Social services were useless and it took the police 2 weeks to do a safety check on the kids, but wouldn't tell me where they were.

Anyways, I started a child arrangement order but was told that the first hearing wouldn't be until March 2019. I put in a Occupation order thinking it would be quicker with the intention of getting the kids back home asap.
    The first hearing was scheduled for Feb 2019.

A couple of weeks before the hearing, I had a phone call from my ex's mum (which I recorded without her knowledge), who basically threatened me that if I took my ex to court, she would make sure that the allegations from 2011 were brought back up.

True to her word, 1 week before the first child arrangement order in March, the false allegation was raised again, and I had the children removed from my care. I since found out that my ex had met up with my ex ex along with my first daughter sometime early Fab. They had not spoken for years and were enemies.

This completely ruined the child arrangement order, I was unable to see my children, and was basically told that cafcass along with social services were stopping all access.

The police investigation has been running since then with no updates from the police. I was asked in for a voluntary interview back in may 2020. The duty solicitor told me to just answer everything with 'No comment', which I did, and I had heard nothing since, until this Monday, when I was told that I was being formally charged with 3 sexual related crimes!

Now I'm at a loss for words, this came as a real shock, I had guessed that with no evidence and a very clear motive of starting it just in time to ruin the child arrangement order, it would be another NFA.

So I guess the question is, now what, what is the process etc?

I've been told that a summons will be in the post within the next week or 2, and the duty solicitor I had in May said I had to email him a photocopy so that he can get the prosecution pack.

Many thanks in advance for any information

Welcome to the forum FS although I am sorry that you find yourself here. There is a lot to unpack from your post but it's getting late so I will just stick to the legal process for now.

In terms of process, you will receive a summons with a date to appear at the magistrates court. This is nothing to worry about in itself, it's simply an administrative exercise where you will only need to confirm your name and address and possibly enter a plea, depending on the seriousness of the charges. Most people are in and out of the courtroom within 5 minutes. There is no need to wear your best clothes. Your solicitor will hopefully meet you there and talk you through it and may have by then received the prosecution evidence bundle containing transcripts of your own and the complainant(s) interviews. Time with solicitors and barristers is precious so best to go armed with a notepad, a concise timeline of events to help your sol pick up the facts quickly and a list of questions that you want to ask so you don't forget and go home kicking yourself.

Unless the charges are extremely minor - and you indicate that they won't be, you will then be bailed by the magistrates to appear at the crown court, usually around a month later for a plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH) - Here you will be represented by a barrister but again, you will only need to confirm your name and enter a plea for each of the charges. The legals and the judge will do the rest of the talking and a date will be set for the trial - this is likely to be some time away. I have heard of cases recently being listed for 2022 so you will certainly have plenty of time to get prepared.

The judge will also set out rough dates for the 4 stages of the disclosure process - these dates are not set in stone

The four stages of disclosure are:

1) Prosecution must serve all evidence on which it is to rely and provide unused materials that may assist the defence or undermine their case.

2) Once stage 1 evidence has been served, the defence must provide a defence statement ( sometimes referred to as a defence case statement ) - which will roughly set out your defence and any witnesses you wish to call. This will also be an opportunity to request further materials from the police/ CPS/CAFCASS/SS etc ( such as your original police interview from 2011 if it still exists ) Your sol or barrister will write this for you based on the information ( instructions ) you supply.

3) The CPS response to the defence statement/ request for materials

4) The judge rules on any dispute over disclosure.

In theory, the CPS and defence are supposed to work together to make sure both sides are ready for trial but in practice, the process can be slightly more chaotic - trial dates can be changed at short notice if they are on "warned" lists for example and disclosure can be last minute or even during the trial - your sol should let you know how it is.

Keep cool, you are going to get through this.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Many thanks for your response Peter, most appreciated

There is so much more that has gone on over the last 2 years, I have a new partner and we have a daughter together. She unfortunately has some savings (approx 16k) which I think will scupper any chances of gaining legal aid, and she has made it clear that she is not prepared to pay for anything as she shouldn't have to, this is obviously a major worry as I will never get through this on my own. We are both on a low wage, she only earns around

[edit - Not sure why it didn't post the rest of this text, but this is roughly what I wrote before...]

Last edited by Feelingsickat50; 19 November 2020, 10:58 AM. Reason: Missing half the text I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Feelingsickat50 View Post

There is so much more that has gone on over the last 2 years, I have a new partner and we have a daughter together. She unfortunately has some savings (approx 16k) which I think will scupper any chances of gaining legal aid, and she has made it clear that she is not prepared to pay for anything as she shouldn't have to, this is obviously a major worry as I will never get through this on my own. We are both on a low wage, she only earns around

[edit - Not sure why it didn't post the rest of this text, but this is roughly what I wrote before...]

There is so much more that has gone on over the last 2 years, I have a new partner and we have a daughter together. She unfortunately has some savings (approx 16k) which I think will scupper any chances of gaining legal aid, and she has made it clear that she is not prepared to pay for anything as she shouldn't have to, this is obviously a major worry as I will never get through this on my own. We are both on a low wage, she only earns around 650 a month, and I was earning around the same whilst building my business up. Although I will most likely have to stop trading - I live in a small town and once the papers get hold of this, the local gossip mongers will have a field day.

I have suffered with mental health issues for many years, and this has just taken that to another level, so my mind is swimming and I just feel numb. I've had to fight for so many things over the last couple of years, I just don't know if mentally I'm able to fight anymore

Comment

[ Sincere apologies for the glitch in the forum FS, it seems that the updated software doesn't like the pound sign and deletes all text after one is inserted. I've asked our technical wiz to take a look and hopefully this can be rectified soon. ]

You will comfortably qualify for legal aid, although you may be asked to pay contributions which are refunded upon acquittal. Eligibility and contributions are based purely on income minus living expenses. Only households with a disposable income above 37,500 p.a do not qualify at all. Savings are only taken into account if there is a conviction and I'm fairly sure that 16k is below the threshold so your new partners money should be safe. Your solicitor will talk you through it and make the application on your behalf but will obviously need bank and CC statements, mortgage/rent agreements, wage slips, tax returns etc so now is a good time to get your books up to date and in order.

There is more information on the gov website and a calculator here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/criminal...-means-testing

I can't guarantee that your name won't be in the papers but it isn't always. As the complainant is your daughter ( I assume) there will be automatic reporting restrictions that prevent "jigsaw" identification, so many of the details of the case can't be published which in turn makes for less of a story. I was told once that you can ask for your address not to be read out in open court so it's worth asking your sol about.

I know how you must be feeling but I promise that you will get through this. It will be gruelling and you will have bad days but you will always find new strength when you need it.

It's important that you look after yourself, physically and mentally. Eat well and exercise, even if you have to force yourself, lean on your trusted friends and family for support and don't be afraid to go to the doctor and ask for help if you are struggling. Be kind to yourself when you are feeling low and recharge your batteries ready to face another day. You can do this!
          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thank you so much Peter, very encouraging words

I figured out it was the pound sign, but it took me 7 attempts, my apologies for the multiple posts. I did try and delete them, but could only see the option to edit.

The legal aid is very reassuring, I will see if there are any decent solicitors in my area that do legal aid and are recommended, I think I saw a post in here that listed some, so I will look for one in gloucester. (unless you can recommend one?)

It's my partner that I feel sorry for, she works with children and this will obviously have an impact on her job, social services are on the scene already due to us having a child together. The original plan was for her to go back to work in January after maternity leave and bring our daughter with her, but it would mean her bosses would have to know, and she doesn't want that to happen.

My worry is that although I know I have not done the things I have been accused of, it's that if it was only her word against mine, would the cps really take it to court? From what I've read, the cps only charge when they have concrete evidence, which I know they couldn't have. Any thoughts on this?

I'm still feeling physically sick about it all tbh, but will try and take care of myself, thank you.

Thank you so much for your time, just having somewhere like this that I can ask questions is a massive weight off my mind

Comment

A good sol and barrister can make all the difference and the best recommendations are by word of mouth. Right's Fighters recommended sols can always be relied on. I've had a quick look in your area and there was one sol recommended in Gloucester back in 2015, Tim Burrows, but whether he is still at the sols listed I don't know. Ian Kelsey in Bristol has an excellent reputation and may be worth asking if he can cover a trial in your area. Definitely worth asking is Harvey Fox ( see my signature below ) - Freemans are based in London but do cover a fairly wide area. I would also urge you to contact Rights Fighter ( Helga ) via the links for PAFAA below, She has many years of experience and knowledge and may have some better or closer recommendations. She also runs the most secure and helpful forums and facebook groups that I know of.

The recommended sols thread is in the useful information section here:

​​​​​​https://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/...ist-solicitors

and they are plotted on a google map here:

​​​​​​https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8583617793&z=7

As for evidence, cases can and do proceed on the basis of just one word against another, the theory being that a jury can decide that oral evidence given in court is convincing enough to convict unless they have a reasonable doubt ( although nowadays, juries are instructed that they need to "be sure" ) - Many people find this shocking but it's historically always been the case that oral evidence underpins the justice system.

You will receive the CPS bundle in due course and you will go through it with a fine tooth comb, try to read it objectively in the third person and distill what they say, what you say and what you can prove. For instance, you are going to say that the allegations were made maliciously and you have the secret recording of the threat being made. ( Well done!) There will also be CAFCASS reports and so forth confirming that you are a loving father etc and hopefully there will be some record of your divorce proceedings and original police interview. You may also be able to call witnesses that can back up what you have said and unless you have any previous convictions ( for any offence ) you can have character witnesses tell the court what a smashing chap you are, wouldn't harm a fly etc ( good character )

At the moment, the CPS are taking you to court but with a no comment interview and perhaps no records of the previously dismissed complaint, they have maybe decided this without the full picture. They should keep the case under constant review ( such as when they receive your defense statement ) and it's far from unknown for them to drop cases before trial.

Anyway, we are getting ahead of ourselves. You need a good solicitor and you need a timeline of events to help explain your case to them. .

I'm sorry to hear that SS are involved but it is inevitable. As you haven't been asked to leave the home ( which is sadly often the case ) I have my fingers crossed that they are happy with your partners safeguarding?

Hang in there.

Comment

Thank you Peter, amazing

That could be the thing then, perhaps as this is the second time this false allegation has been made, the cps feel that they should take it more seriously.
                They are aware of the previous allegation, and from what the duty solicitor said to me, it's the same allegation, although this time it was put in writing rather than just video based.

It looks like Tim burrows has left, the original solicitors as the firm has been taken over by another, and his name is not shown within the team list on their website. I have also seen a few recommendations of Kelcey and Hall solicitors, so I'll be giving them a ring in due course to see if they can take me on.

SS have been involved since last year when they removed the children from my care. I didn't see them for a good couple of months, but then a social worker said that it wasn't fair, and she came up with a safeguarding plan so I was allowed supervised access at my home provided that certain people were here such as my parents of my ex's paternal father and his partner. Supervision rarely happened though as my ex (and I have a telephone recording of her saying) said that she didn't believe the allegations and she was happy for me to have my children on my own in my home for whole weekends at a time, she just said don't tell anyone lol. I also took them down to Bude for a week on my own last summer which she was fully aware of, so I can use that too I guess.

Our baby is on a child in need plan, so we have regular meetings with a social worker, she has hinted that the plan might need to be looked at, so we're hoping that she doesn't tell me to leave in due course. My partner works with children and has a good track record and is aware of CIN plans, so perhaps that is whey are being (so far) more lenient?

I'll keep the board updated as I hear anything.

Thanks once again for your continued words of support, I really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Feelingsickat50 View Post
                  Thank you Peter, amazing

SS have been involved since last year when they removed the children from my care. I didn't see them for a good couple of months, but then a social worker said that it wasn't fair, and she came up with a safeguarding plan so I was allowed supervised access at my home provided that certain people were here such as my parents of my ex's paternal father and his partner. Supervision rarely happened though as my ex (and I have a telephone recording of her saying) said that she didn't believe the allegations and she was happy for me to have my children on my own in my home for whole weekends at a time, she just said don't tell anyone lol. I also took them down to Bude for a week on my own last summer which she was fully aware of, so I can use that too I guess.

Our baby is on a child in need plan, so we have regular meetings with a social worker, she has hinted that the plan might need to be looked at, so we're hoping that she doesn't tell me to leave in due course. My partner works with children and has a good track record and is aware of CIN plans, so perhaps that is whey are being (so far) more lenient?

I'll keep the board updated as I hear anything.

Thanks once again for your continued words of support, I really appreciate it
                  I am hoping that you received my previous advice and joined PAFAA and are now receiving some good sensible advice.

To Be perfectly honest, I wish I could give this up. Support is one thing, encouraging tunnel vision is another. I really have seen too much of the latter and frankly, I have no doubt that innocent people are in prison because they were never once encouraged to look at the other side or consider how an independent jury might look at things.

Your ex wife thinks that you are no danger? -This is good stuff, she can stand up in court on your behalf if necessary and say that she has never seen you give the slightest cause for alarm. What she cannot vouch for is your behaviour when she was not present, even if just for a few minutes. Very few sex offenders make a habit of broadcasting their habits.

I am very sorry if this advice comes too late but the fact is that where the safety of children are concerned, SS will be expecting that any plan will be followed. They need to trust you and your ex to put your children first, even if that is inconvenient.

Let's say that your neighbour has always seemed a decent kind, they have looked after your children often with no complaints.. but then one day a policeman knocks on your door and tells you that your neighbour is a suspected sex offender. Now what? Is there a theoretical risk? Should you just ignore that risk? What "proof" do you demand to see until you take that risk seriously?

Of all the many cases I am at least vaguely familiar with, I can count on one hand those in which SS have taken steps to take children into care but in every single one, there has been a breach of trust and an inability to see that a SW has very good reason to want a child to be safeguarded above the demands of a relationship.

Please try and see things from all sides.

Comment

As an update.

I am FeelingSick50, but no matter what I do, I can't post any updates, so had to create a new profile.

So long story short, after a trial in October 2021 which resulted in a hung jury, I had a re-trial finishing last week, and have been acquitted on all counts

I think the first trial was made nearly impossible for the jury as the 3 indictments became 9, and the jury had to ask the judge twice for directions, it took them 2 days, and finally came back and said they were unable to reach a decision.

Fast forward to trial 2, and the indictments were much easier to understand, and it took the jury just an hour and 40 minutes to reach a unanimous not guilty.

There were quite a few discrepancies from the prosecution witnesses in so far as the story changed slightly, and they had added lots of 'soundbites' which they clearly had hoped the jury would suck up. Sadly, the judge made it very clear that he did not want the jury knowing that it was a re-trial as he wanted it tried on it's own merits, fair enough I guess.
                    Thankfully the barrister I had (Michael Haynes - arranged through Kelcey and Hall Bristol) was brilliant and when faced with a different answer to the same question, made it clear to the jury that it was different compared to the first trial without making it obvious lol

At least the hard bit is over, we're still hounded by Social Services, and they are pressing for a Finding of Facts hearing at the end of June, so that will be interesting; I've been told it will be like the criminal trial but lacking a jury, it's solely on the judge to decide. Hopefully the judge will look at it objectively and reach the same conclusion as the jury.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I have to say though the advice offered through this forum has been amazing, I acted as advised, didn't let emotion get in the way, and although it was extremely hard at the time, I did get though it and came out fine the other end.

Many thanks.

Comment

Thank you for posting your update, it's always good to read how cases progress and it gives encouragement to members still going through the process. It's good to hear that the recommendation for your legal team came good!

The webmaster changed the forum software a while ago so this might be why you were unable to log on with your previous username.

Hopefully now that you have been acquitted the family court proceedings will be favourable though you can never take this for granted.

It was a forum tradition to break out the dancing bananas when members were NFA'd or won their case so here goes............
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by FeelingSick51 View Post
                        As an update.

I am FeelingSick50, but no matter what I do, I can't post any updates, so had to create a new profile.

So long story short, after a trial in October 2021 which resulted in a hung jury, I had a re-trial finishing last week, and have been acquitted on all counts

I think the first trial was made nearly impossible for the jury as the 3 indictments became 9, and the jury had to ask the judge twice for directions, it took them 2 days, and finally came back and said they were unable to reach a decision.

Fast forward to trial 2, and the indictments were much easier to understand, and it took the jury just an hour and 40 minutes to reach a unanimous not guilty.

There were quite a few discrepancies from the prosecution witnesses in so far as the story changed slightly, and they had added lots of 'soundbites' which they clearly had hoped the jury would suck up. Sadly, the judge made it very clear that he did not want the jury knowing that it was a re-trial as he wanted it tried on it's own merits, fair enough I guess.
                        Thankfully the barrister I had (Michael Haynes - arranged through Kelcey and Hall Bristol) was brilliant and when faced with a different answer to the same question, made it clear to the jury that it was different compared to the first trial without making it obvious lol

At least the hard bit is over, we're still hounded by Social Services, and they are pressing for a Finding of Facts hearing at the end of June, so that will be interesting; I've been told it will be like the criminal trial but lacking a jury, it's solely on the judge to decide. Hopefully the judge will look at it objectively and reach the same conclusion as the jury.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I have to say though the advice offered through this forum has been amazing, I acted as advised, didn't let emotion get in the way, and although it was extremely hard at the time, I did get though it and came out fine the other end.

Many thanks.
                        Thanks for the update FS, with apologies for your trouble logging in. I think this is deserving of some traditional bananas if I can remember how,

I feel like I should apologise for my previous message which comes across as rather harsh but I will qualify that apology with the caveat that I have seen the most self centred and myopic takes given praise and encouragement, only for further, likely avoidable trouble manifesting further down the line. I could have put things more delicately and so for that , I am sorry but I do not write just for the particular poster here, we have many that read and may need a dose of common sense.

Let me tell you a brief story, A woman I know was the victim of a violent ex partner. A proper nutter and typical bully. After a particularly violent incident, she called the police. SS got involved, concerned for the welfare of her 2 children. They had witnessed the father they loved attack the mother they love, although there was absolutely no suggestion that violence was directed toward them. SS obviously had concerns about what they may have witnessed . Weeks went by and she took him back - an obvious concern for SS but as if to deliberately compound things, when confronted, she lied that she had any contact with him, despite the cell site and other evidence ( SS have a habit of parking at the end of the road) - You might take one or two seconds to realise what I will say next but to cut a long story short, my friend was lucky that her mother was able to meet the criteria to look after her granddaughters. My friend thinks SS were being vindictive taking her to court and I don't necessarily disagree but she also recognises that if this was so, she gave SS all the ammunition they needed when she was caught out telling lies and unequivocally putting her relationship before the welfare of her daughters.

If there is one thing that plagues the falsely accused "movement", it is a complete lack of empathy for the genuinely abused and thus, a complete lack of self awareness.

There is probably nothing more depressing or eventually empowering than realising that those in denial will say more or less the same thing as those who are genuinely falsely accused. Ultimately, those that accept and work around this truth fare much better than those who don't.

Comment

It Feelingsickat50/51 here, I had trouble signing in, so had to use an old account.

So as an update, things went pear shaped last Friday, the local authority finally took us to court for a finding of facts case, and after 2 weeks in Bristol family court and the local authority going into full character assassination mode, the judge made findings. Immediately, I was removed from my house and away from my partner and our daughter,
                          I've been advised not to talk to them, not to see them, and to make no attempt to message them either. My partner has been told the same and that our relationship must be ended!

My life is essentially over. My self employed business (ran from home) has gone, so no home and no job.

I have tried to get help from the council to rehouse me, but they won't help at all. The house I was in was in my name, so as far as they are concerned I have intentionally made myself homeless by walking out. No help from the local authority to provide proof of how and why I can't be at home.

I'm currently waiting to move into a hostel, with no update as to what happens next.

I believe there is a hearing in a couple of weeks to discuss next steps like contact and a section 25, but I'm on my own, can't see my partner and my beautiful daughter.
                          I've heard that my partner is not taking it well having to deal with a disabled child on her own as well as manage the hospital appointments etc on her own as well as run. house. Social services breathing down her neck and waiting for her to crumble so they can take our daughter into care. She misses me (of course), and is deeply upset at it all.

I had a KC in the family court, and although she was excellent, the LA just ran circles around me in XX and I didn't come across very well.
                          I'm nw waiting to see if there is any way to appeal the decision, but I've been told it's unlikely.

Basically, the family court has made the criminal trials look like a mockery, and they have torn apart a loving family.

I'll try and keep you updated as things unfold, but it's not looking good

Comment

Hello again FS,

I really am dreadfully sorry to hear all of this, although I am sure those words won't bring you any comfort right now, you should at least know that you are not alone.

I can only try to imagine all the things that have gone wrong for things to reach this stage and I'm afraid I don't know what a section 25 is but the glimmer of light is that there could be contact arrangements made and while it is only a small mercy and It may be a case of you only being able to support from the sidelines, I suggest you hang on to that.

The state of social housIng has been diabolical for years, I don't know if a homeless charity such as shelter might be able to help or perhaps your Doctor or local MP might support you?

I wish I could be more positive or offer better advice but I shall just have to wish you luck and remind you that you have survived a hell of a lot already and have faced a horrible situation with fortitude. Don't give up.

Comment

Thanks Peter,

I'm still at a loss for words. I have done nothing wrong and the criminal trials proved that, but findings have been made based on lies and deceit. Thankfully no findings were made on the rape or forced oral sex, but inapropriate kissing and vaginal licking of a 6 year old have been
                              From what I gather, a section 25 is actually a part 25 experts and assessors, to a request a risk assessment to be done, which fingers crossed will be an impartial company and not the local authority.
                              I've had to give a statement basically saying that whilst I disagree with the findings, I respect the court and will now work with social services etc etc etc.
                              My partner against her will has had to give a statement basically agreeing with the findings and very much anti me in order to prove to social services that she is putting our daughter first, and to avoid the local authority going for a care order (they are going for a supervision order instead). Contact will have to be in a contact centre until a risk assessment is done. Social services deem me as grooming my partner and manipulating her too. It's just a joke.
                              Hopefully if the risk assessment comes back as a low risk, my partner will be able to do the supervision on her own rather than having to involve a 3rd party. No chance of ever being in a relationship with my partner again though, and social services just expect us to turn our emotions off like a light switch

I'm still living in my car at the moment, the local council have classed me as homeless, but I don't fall under the priority need, so they don't have to find me temporary accommodation. A local charity are trying to get me into a hostel when a room becomes available. That's if I'm still around. I just feel like throwing myself under a bus right now. Will be speaking to a doctor tomorrow to see about going back on antidepressants, which might also help with housing as I'm having suicidal thoughts.
                              I've lost my home, my business, my partner, my daughter, any chance of seeing my other children, and I now have a social stigma of being classed a pedo for things I have not done. The more I think about it, the more it makes me feel sick to me stomach.

The family courts are clearly not fit for purpose when dealing with complex cases like this. The burden of prove is so hard to defend against, I was always going to be at a disadvantage.

I'd like to thank you for your advice over the years, it has been some comfort, and hopefully anyone else in my position (and I'm sure there are many) will really pay attention to the fact finding hearings, the crown trial was a walk in the park compared to the aggressiveness of the local authority cross examination, they literally tied me up in knots and completely assassinated my character.

Comment

Working...
                              X