Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can’t get out

Don’t know what to do.
    Last edited by Stuckinaloop; 5 September 2020, 08:48 PM.

Hello and a formal welcome to the forum,

I'm not the right person to offer advice as to how to move forward but just wanted to say that your feelings are not at all unusual. Most folks move on from the forum once hey are NFA'd but those who do return or stick around often mention feelings of anger towards their FA as they appear to have 'got away' with it.

This of course is down to the official policy of not prosecuting the complainants unless they are serial offenders but I do recall one member who was able to fund a private prosecution against his FA. I won't go into details but this didn't end well and certainly gave him no closure.

It is often said that the best revenge is to show them that you are moving onwards and upwards in your life away from their lies.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry that you are still struggling after your NFA but it's not unusual. I'm not an expert, but it does sound to me as though you are experiencing PTSD symptoms. I do too and I'm not the accused, just a spouse, so while I'm not making a diagnosis by any means, I do suggest that you have a chat with your GP or self-refer yourself to the mental health system in your area if that's how things work where you are. These feeling are understandable and 'normal' for the circumstance you are in.

There is NOTHING wrong with you and you are not wrong to feel this way, but a false allegation is a trauma, a genuine brain trauma and some people - many people - need help to recover. Please be kind to yourself, and get some professional help. It may help and it may not but you deserve all the assistance that can be available to you. Your GP and any mental health services will likely have heard it all before and be unshockable. As I say, you need and deserve all the help you can get.

Please don't be afraid to come back to the forum too - there are people newly accused and others who are years beyond the accusation. Some are doing well and others are struggling. We can all support one another.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        Last edited by Stuckinaloop; 5 September 2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X