6 Months of hell and I’m fed up of a life fighting off the lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Months of hell and I’m fed up of a life fighting off the lies

This is hell. False allegation all to do with reversing a child custody battle that was ruled in my favour. I paid to have a polygraph test. No deception detected. 6 months on bail and still waiting...
    Last edited by Heldor; 2 August 2020, 07:49 PM.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

This is by way of 'bumping' your post as I can't add much; similar situations to yours crop up from time to time on the forum and as you are finding it is a waiting game; obviously your ex has sought advice from social media about how to prolong proceedings! Allegations of rape trump family court matters and these latter are put on hold until the former is disposed off.

I assume you had a solicitor at your interview and wonder if he gave you any indication of the likely timescale?

You mentioned 6 months bail; I didn't think the police bailed for that length of time any more or did you mean you were 'released under investigation'?

Most members on here have had a good outcome and many have moved on but all will agree with you that 'the waiting is hell'!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you.
      Bail kept getting extended due to Covid 19 apparently halting forensics etc.
      I was told that it’s a “distinct possibility “ that it’s going to be NFA and there is no medical evidence to support the allegation. But it still has to go to CPS.
      To be fair the police have been objective from the start. But a particular social worker has been disgraceful.

Comment

Thanks for explaining the bail situation, at least this means you get regular 'updates'; RUI often means that the accused is left in limbo.

Statistics are on your side in that the latest news is that 1.4% of rape allegations result in a prosecution with about 40% of complainants withdrawing their allegations when required to hand over phones and social media accounts in order to construct an evidential case against the accused.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
        X