A few years on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few years on

Been a while since I've been here but I felt an update was in order to give others hope when they find themselves being falsely accused.

Shortly after my trial which was back in 2016 the person who accused me went on facebook bragging to her friends about what happened and her friends contacted me to apologise on her behalf, I told my legal team that defended me in the trial and they weren't all that interested. A few years on and she's wanting to meet up with me to apologise but I told the person who talks to us both that I wanted nothing to do with her.

Prior to the trial I had a nice car and a good job, since then I have sold my car and purchased a motorhome, I've moved into a bigger house, am expecting my second child, and have bought another two houses that are rented out, and soon to have a third. It is amazing how far your money goes when you get it back from the extortionate payments you have to make in legal aid contributions to instruct a legal team to defend you.

I'm expecting my second child soon and life has never been so good. I still think about the trial and everything I was put through but that said I try to enjoy life to the best I can. I spend a fair amount of time going on holidays now and travelling to countries other than England since I'm disillusioned with the way in which it is governed.

I would say that there has been a mental impact on my life in that I don't really like having visitors around my house and that I rarely spend any time with my friends now, but my family are by my side and I think that is all I really need.

I got promoted at work, it was noted I'm a lot more placid now compared to when I first started at the company, I feel the immense pressure I was put under during the case has developed me into a stronger character, I care little about anything these days that doesn't affect me, in a sense I've became quite selfish. I used to be a bit more of a giving person in that I'd happily go out my way to help others at my expense but I don't see why I should these days because during the trial it felt very much I was on my own and that did seem to be the case, the only reason I had legal representation was because I had to fight for it given all the mishaps in legal representation along the way.

The court case is never really discussed at home although I still feel like I should have had justice for the traumatic times me and my family were put through all because some silly cow continues to this day to make lies up about things, it shows as most of her family have disowned her because she continues to let her imagination run wild and her family see her for what she is. The last I heard is that she's now living a fairly isolated life herself, no surprises there.

I've only ever had backlash from one person since the trial, someone who didn't know what was going on but had heard I'd been accused, he has since apologised too as someone in the family gave him the full lowdown despite me just ignoring him thinking I'd probably have done the same in his situation, or at least try and find out the facts first but hey it is what it is.

The main point of this post is that there is hope for those who find they are falsely accused, but despite whatever you go through, don't expect you'll get any justice yourself, the best you can do is move on from the experience and rebuild your life, in the hope that one day the laws will change, and that while you wait for changes to come about you continue to live life to the fullest.
    (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Great to hear from you and that life is now good again for you.

Folks naturally move on and away from the forum once their ordeal is over and we always hope that they find some sort of peace, though it is fair to say that the experience can never be completely forgotten.

Thanks for coming back to reassure those currently going through the process that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
    X