Do I have an NFA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have an NFA?

OK. So I called 101 just before Christmas. I don't know why, because I've called it 100's of times, and never been able to speak to the OIC.

However, on this occasion, somebody else in the office picked up, and could not have been more helpful. She said that my investigation has been filled as NFA by the OIC on the 13th December, and is now waiting a review from a DS (Detective Sergeant).

Well now, that made for a nice Christmas present.

I now have 2 questions. I would ask my solicitor, but he's on extended leave for the holiday period.

Q1. Is the review by the DS a formality? In other words, will he/she simply be ensuring that all lines of enquiry have been properly followed?

Q.2 I understand that my FA has the right to ask that it be referred to the CPS. Question is..... Can she demand this simply because she isn't happy with the outcome, or does she have to have substantive grounds to demand this. ie does she have to point towards deficiencies in the investigation?

Merry Christmas

Oh.... & as an aside. the call I made in which I got the good news, was on speakerphone, and in the presence of a good friend of mine, who is a retired Police Officer :-)
    Last edited by Helpless & confused; 27 December 2018, 02:10 PM.

My advice is not to count your chickens until your or your solicitor get the NFA in writing. The OIC may have suggested a NFA but it may still go to the CPS for them to look at or as you say the FA may appeal.

Pond31

Comment

Originally posted by Helpless & confused View Post
      OK. So I called 101 just before Christmas. I don't know why, because I've called it 100's of times, and never been able to speak to the OIC.

However, on this occasion, somebody else in the office picked up, and could not have been more helpful. She said that my investigation has been filled as NFA by the OIC on the 13th December, and is now waiting a review from a DS (Detective Sergeant).

Well now, that made for a nice Christmas present.

I now have 2 questions. I would ask my solicitor, but he's on extended leave for the holiday period.

Q1. Is the review by the DS a formality? In other words, will he/she simply be ensuring that all lines of enquiry have been properly followed?

Q.2 I understand that my FA has the right to ask that it be referred to the CPS. Question is..... Can she demand this simply because she isn't happy with the outcome, or does she have to have substantive grounds to demand this. ie does she have to point towards deficiencies in the investigation?

Merry Christmas

Oh.... & as an aside. the call I made in which I got the good news, was on speakerphone, and in the presence of a good friend of mine, who is a retired Police Officer :-)

Hi there,

Just wondering if this had an eventual outcome?

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X