Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do solicitors deliberately downplay your chances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do solicitors deliberately downplay your chances?

I am currently in limbo waiting to be charged, or NFA'd. Every time I outline the case details to my friends (inc a former police officer who worked in sexual offences & domestic crime team), they all tell me I have nothing to worry about. There is no evidence, & her revenge motive can be seen.

However, when I speak to my solicitor, I always come away feeling low, as he tells me that the CPS might just run it.

Up until now I'd listened to my Solicitor rather than my friends. After all he's the expert right?

That was until a friend said something that got me thinking..... He said "Solicitors always give you worst case, and will never tell you that your chances are good. When you buy a house. The Solicitor is duty bound to warn you about all kinds of things that will never happen : Subsidence, & all other kinds of nasty things.

So as the post reads. Do Solicitors always deliberately downplay your chances? & if so why?
    Last edited by Helpless & confused; 3 December 2018, 05:13 PM.

They are duty bound to tell you what the worst case scenario is and given that nothing (well, very, very little) is a foregone conclusion is a courtroom, it's better for everyone, you and them both, if they don't promise what they can't deliver.

Better have you prepared for the not-so-good and be pleasantly surprised, that full of hope and confidence and disappointed. Besides, they really don't have a crystal ball. Your solicitor really can't be 100% sure that the CPS won't run it and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise. It's your friends' job to be optimistic and your solicitor's job to be circumspect. they are both right, discomforting as that is. I really hope that you get a decision soon.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
    X