No announcement yet.

Involving local MP - any advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Involving local MP - any advice please?

Hi all - several members have said they have involved the help of their local MP to try to get justice or to move things along.

It is now 7 months since I was interrogated by plod. I have not been arrested or charged. CPS were informed in January because they had to write a Letter of Introduction to plod in the other country to ask them to interrogate exbf. They didn't write that letter til mid March - so now urgency there either and this is over allegations from 23 years ago of a 5 year history of child abuse amongst many other things....... still no word from plod in the other country. A couple of weeks ago OIC - who won't talk to me - told HR at work that the other plod could take anything up to another year before they got round to the exbf - and it is hard to envisage another year of having this in my head

Everyone I have spoken to has told me plod just aren't interested. Faith said that this is a good thing in one way because they probably don't believe the allegations, but another way it isn't because it means there is no urgency from their point of view and it'll be at the bottom of their pile....forgetting there is a human being on the other end!!!!

Anyway, my point is, although I am learning to live with this and gradually claim my life back - it is driving me nuts - I am wondering whether it is worth getting in touch with my local MP who works very hard for his local community to see if he can do anything to hurry things along??

Any advice and thoughts would be very welcome thanks.. .........
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

MH I don't have the answer but...surely it's worth a try ??
    xx LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
      Hi all - several members have said they have involved the help of their local MP to try to get justice or to move things along.

It is now 7 months since I was interrogated by plod. I have not been arrested or charged. CPS were informed in January because they had to write a Letter of Introduction to plod in the other country to ask them to interrogate exbf. They didn't write that letter til mid March - so now urgency there either and this is over allegations from 23 years ago of a 5 year history of child abuse amongst many other things....... still no word from plod in the other country. A couple of weeks ago OIC - who won't talk to me - told HR at work that the other plod could take anything up to another year before they got round to the exbf - and it is hard to envisage another year of having this in my head

Everyone I have spoken to has told me plod just aren't interested. Faith said that this is a good thing in one way because they probably don't believe the allegations, but another way it isn't because it means there is no urgency from their point of view and it'll be at the bottom of their pile....forgetting there is a human being on the other end!!!!

Anyway, my point is, although I am learning to live with this and gradually claim my life back - it is driving me nuts - I am wondering whether it is worth getting in touch with my local MP who works very hard for his local community to see if he can do anything to hurry things along??

Any advice and thoughts would be very welcome thanks.. .........
      Hi MH,

How I engaged with my MP:

I googled searching for when my MP's next local surgery was, took a look at the detail, then contacted the MP's PA - usually all of the details are on the site. Upon speaking to the PA I mentioned I had an extremely sensitive issue that involved the police, which I required my MP's support on and could I arrange a time to meet during the surgery.

Once the time was agreed, I then prepared all of my evidence collected so far and took this with me, being particular on police handling and also the impact such as my son had lost his job, which seemed to make him sit up. He agreed that the allegation did not appear to stack up with the evidence I collected and agreed to make the complaint to the police on my behalf, This also included the fact that they had not interviewed any of my son's witnesses in those three months, yet managed a fishing trip into his past, which appeared bias.

Also, if you read how you make a complaint on the IPCC website, you can go through your MP ......

Good luck & let me know how you get on. xxx
      Last edited by saddened; 16 June 2013, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Meant to add, do not leave your evidence with MP , to ensure it is not passed to police unwittingly.

Comment

Hi LP and saddened - thank you both for this - it has to be worth having an initial chat before going in to details.......
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
          X