Death has left us feeling calm at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death has left us feeling calm at last

Strange but after the lose of a love one feeling really calm now. Calmer than we have in months. The first few days were hard but now peace has blanketed us all.

Cancer is a ***** that affects the whole family. I could compare it to FA but won't. The thing is we will still have each other at the end of this hell even if we lose. Lose to cancer and never get to ask that question or hear that answer.

Glad we have all but finished gathering evidence and done timeline as maybe to relaxed to do it at the moment.

The Last song from funeral is what is playing in my head at present. The song was just him to a tee, 'Let it be'
    Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Ma heart-felt condolences! And what a wonderful song....

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Wonderwoman. The physical pain and mental anguish of your loved one is over and it's probably a relief for all around him too, even though there will be sadness and moments of great loss.

I'm a cancer survivor (so far....so good), I, also, would liken the two. The fear is there constantly and it's a job to fight it off , you don't know what's going to happen next, you read about it, try to be as pro-active as you can yet all the time you feel there is a lead weight round your neck. But your chances of survival are so much better if you learn to fight.
      My wonderful son who was recently FA'd and found not guilty helped me... he was 14 at the time, he had to learn to do things for himself that I could no longer do and I used to sometimes be in tears that I wouldn't be there to see him and his older brother grow up. I had to try and stay on top for them and help them fight their everyday battles (my hubbies not very good at that). When I was going through treatment, I used to sit on or in his bed and listen to him practice his guitar and sometimes sing with him. One night I had to walk out because we were singing 'Don't you cry tonight '(Guns n Roses) and I was overwhelmend with tears which I didn't want him to see. I'm still chocked when I hear that song.
      So when he was falsley accused 6 years later, he spoke to me about his arrest the next day and I knew he hadn't done what he was accused of. There was no way I could have let him go down that road alone.
      The help you give to others comes back to you and the fights you fight do make you stronger, even when you feel weakened. Luckily, as horrendous as a FA is, it's not fatal.
      You sound like you've made good progress in your defence. That's brilliant. I'm sure your loved one would be proud of you.
      Take care.

Comment

Hi WW - really sorry to hear of your loss and great sadness - so much for you all to go through all at the same time...
        It's good that you can now start to build your defence and hopefully this piece of Hell will soon be over for you all too.....
        keep strong - hugs MH x
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi WGO - your post brought a lump to my throat..... but so glad to read that you are coming through......hugs MH
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

WW, I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers go with you.
            WGO, your post brought a lump to my throat too.
            Big hugs for you both. xx

Comment

Really sorry for you loss,

Sparks

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Whatsgoingon - You are obviously an amazing woman/mother. I think your son is a very lucky boy to have such a fighter for a mother
                Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Comment

Thanks for that WW . I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade your thread, nor make anyone choke.

Sometimes there is no choice but to fight. I think you're well aware of that and doing very well in extremely difficult circumstances . I'm sure it'll pay off.

- Just a thought though.... isn't life hard enough without being given all this added s***???

Take care. x

Comment

Working...
                  X