Been accused as payback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been accused as payback

I had a dreaded call by the local police last week for an alleged rape that was supposed to have happened back in july 2008. This simply did not happen full stop. This was a slander against me to get back at my mum. Below is some background -
    Mum reported women's boyfriend with her to police for assaulting her etc
    Court order issued to him for the assault to stay away from women "he rang her and said he would pay my mum back"
    July 2008 me and friend were asked by my mum to check if the boyfriend was at womens house as she suspected he was there when not supposed to be. He was and threatened us we left and that was that. (proves that he was there the night of the alleged rape)
    The women hasnt spoke to my mum since the next day after that night as my mum was angry that she took him back etc.
    Since that day she has been verbally abused etc (all on police record etc) by the women (accuser) and the boyfriend.
    Escalated last year when i was assaulted while at work and was told by him that he would blacken my name in town as a rapist! i reported it to police and nothing ever came as not enough evidence for pps.
    Then they must have made to allegation at that time to the police as a "get back" at me for reporting him. Since then the police have made numerous efforts to contact her in all sorts of ways and she has avoided them and not replied to letters etc. The police officer explained that all to me and cautioned me.
    Now im waiting on the pps decision to this and am cr**** myself. I hope they see how this is nothing more that a fake allegation.
    Has anyone seen a case like this and how likely this will go to court? Is there anything i can do to stop this happening in the future as im sick of this, its driving me insane with worry.

Thanks in advance

Hi jonsboy
    Sorry to read what you are going through but my husband and I goind through something rather similar. We 'believe' we know who has, out of revenge, made the false allegation but cannot prove it (yet)....
    It's tough but just get as much stuff together in your defence and try to stay clear-headed and strong.

Regards

Comment

Hi jonsboy, welcome to the forum,

That's good advice from Don'tbelieve it.

Every case on here is different although there are reoccuring themes. Yours does sound like it's pay-back, there'll be records of the things that have already been reported to the police and that will probably be taken into account. However, allegations of rape are generally investigated fully.

Have you actually been arrested by the police or was the telephone converstion the only time they've interviewed you about this? It seems odd that they would have cautioned you over the phone.

You shouldn't make any formal statement to the police without the presence of a solicitor - you are entitled to one free of charge should you get arrested. This is often the duty solicitor but can be the solicitor of your choice (providing he/she is willing/able to attend to you at the station).
      Start looking around for a solictor in your area who has real experiece of sexual crimes and finding out whether you'd be elligible for legal aid, should itgo any further.

Have a look at the 'stickies' under general information - you'll find a wealth of information there (including solicitors).

Keep coming back for more help or support.
      All the best - WGO
      Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 24 March 2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
        Hi jonsboy, welcome to the forum,

That's good advice from Don'tbelieve it.

Every case on here is different although there are reoccuring themes. Yours does sound like it's pay-back, there'll be records of the things that have already been reported to the police and that will probably be taken into account. However, allegations of rape are generally investigated fully.

Have you actually been arrested by the police or was the telephone converstion the only time they've interviewed you about this? It seems odd that they would have cautioned you over the phone.

You shouldn't make any formal statement to the police without the presence of a solicitor - you are entitled to one free of charge should you get arrested. This is often the duty solicitor but can be the solicitor of your choice (providing he/she is willing/able to attend to you at the station).
        Start looking around for a solictor in your area who has real experiece of sexual crimes and finding out whether you'd be elligible for legal aid, should itgo any further.

Have a look at the 'stickies' under general information - you'll find a wealth of information there (including solicitors).

Keep coming back for more help or support.
        All the best - WGO
        Hi thanks for replying to me. I have not been arrested, two police officer came to my house and asked me for my version of events under caution. I think as far as im aware they were phoned about the rape and they "the accusers" have not made a proper statement in the police station etc And since then they "the police" have been unable to contact the accuser. Its as if the accuser has took fear and realized what they have done. Its gone straight to the pps as far as im aware, so ill know shortly maybe 1 week to a month if they are progressing to arrested and court etc. I HOPE NOT.
        I dont think i would get any legal aid as i work full time etc

Comment

The fact that you havent been arrested should be taken as a positive. You cannot be charged without an arrest.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Hi jonsboys
            At the beginning, we also thought maybe a week to a month. Now more than 3 months have passed and still nothing has happened. No interview, no arrest, no info...
            Chin up though and think positive

Comment

Originally posted by jonsboys View Post
              Hi thanks for replying to me. I have not been arrested, two police officer came to my house and asked me for my version of events under caution.

I think as far as im aware they were phoned about the rape and they "the accusers" have not made a proper statement in the police station etc And since then they "the police" have been unable to contact the accuser.

Its as if the accuser has took fear and realized what they have done. Its gone straight to the pps as far as im aware, so ill know shortly maybe 1 week to a month if they are progressing to arrested and court etc. I HOPE NOT.

I dont think i would get any legal aid as i work full time etc

I can't see it going to the PPS (you are in Scotland or Ireland?) without the complainant being interviewed - unless they are thinking of prosecuting her. You say it has gone to the PPS 'as far as you are aware'. Has anybody told you this or is this your imagination working overtime?
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi

Sorry to ask probably a very stupid question, but what is "PPS"? Thanks...

Comment

Public Prosecution Service as opposed to our Crown Prosecution Service.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF ofr the speedy response!

Comment

Working...
                    X