Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I'm cracking up

Hi all

Am having a difficult day today. No particular reason why, apart from the fact that nothing is happening. I just can't believe that my own parents have turned on me and my husband, although they always said that he was the best thing that ever happened to me. They dearly loved him and were so glad he was at my side, looking after me... and now this! My husband carries ladybirds out of the house so as not to harm them, he even has problems killing spiders, only does it because I want him to. How can my parents turn their backs on me, on us like this? Luckily my husband's parents are standing by him, by us, in this difficult time. But that is all we have. I am not 'allowed' to contact my kids, any close friends of the family, nobody. It's so unfair... *tears in my eyes yet trying to be strong for my husband*.

Thanks for taking your time to read this....

Hi Don'tbelieve it.
    I'm sorry you're feeling like this. This won't make it better but we've all felt at the end of the roll at times, and somehow have found the courage to carry on. Losing the support of your parents and being ostrcised in effect must be extra hard for you. It may be they're also confused and bewildered by the whole thing.
    Try and nurture yourself through these bad days, take yourself out for a nice walk, a hot bubbly bath or whatever you enjoy most. A good film, music or a funny show may be just what you need to get your mind off what's happening for a little while at least.

Take care,
    WGO

Comment

Its hard to accept and deal with family members turning away when you need them,
      Draw strength from each other and us
      Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

its hard, but you do learn to live with it.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks everybody! I am so grateful for your support. Have any of you had to cope with family turning against you?

Comment

Originally posted by Don'tbelieveit! View Post
            Thanks everybody! I am so grateful for your support. Have any of you had to cope with family turning against you?
            Yes! Whatever you do don't let it do your head in. Try to learn detachment.

Comment

But how? Am an only child, live a thousand miles from my parents (in another country) and they are only believing this stuff based on what somebody else (not the alleged accuser) is saying... not even confronted me, which at least my father would have done being an ex-police officer.

Comment

you cope because you have no choice - you do it day by day. Make sure that you take time out for youself each day, a walk round the block, relaxing bath, a chapter of a book.
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
                X