Compensation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation..

Something that has been bothering me for a while, not only the fact it can be paid out on the accusation alone but is there any way of finding out
    if it has been applied for and indeed been paid out?

Hi Izzy
    I think there is a way of finding out. Your sol can request the info I believe.
    Happy to be corrected by others with more in-depth knowledge!
    S x

Comment

Thanks Saffron,

I didn't know if you could request that info or not.. current Solicitor has been rubbish, so looking for new one for some advice.
      That question will be near the top though, as it's a bit of a kick in the teeth, considering..

Comment

I asked my solicitor to find out this for me after my NFA,
        This was his reply.

'It is unlikely that she would pass the criteria. The burden is quite high for cica claims and there was in effect no charge.'

I didn't pursue it, or other things I need, like getting a court order to release a transcript of my accuser's statement because a) the guy is incredibly busy doing life or death kind of work, and b) The cost is considerable.

I am, however, intent on getting a court order to release her statement. I don't like to demand that he do stuff for me because of the above. In this bizarre situation, I think I'm not alone in that once NFAd, I feel as though I have won some kind of reprieve from the torture, and crawl away to spend the rest of my days licking my wounds and keeping my head down.

JM
        Last edited by just married; 2 January 2013, 11:03 PM.
        I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

The information can be requested via a solicitor but you're never guaranteed to receive the information. Moreso, it is my understanding that you would be more likely to get this information if the case was ongoing (i.e in the run up to a trial)
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
            The information can be requested via a solicitor but you're never guaranteed to receive the information. Moreso, it is my understanding that you would be more likely to get this information if the case was ongoing (i.e in the run up to a trial)
            Definately worth a shot.. There was a high profile case last year in Scotland that went to NFA and info was released of a £11,000 pay out.

I am, however, intent on getting a court order to release her statement. I don't like to demand that he do stuff for me because of the above. In this bizarre situation, I think I'm not alone in that once NFAd, I feel as though I have won some kind of reprieve from the torture, and crawl away to spend the rest of my days licking my wounds and keeping my head down.
            Didn't realise you could do that.. wonder if you can do the same here. Totally understand how you feel

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post

Didn't realise you could do that.. wonder if you can do the same here. Totally understand how you feel
              Thank you Izzy.... feeling rotten tonight, but getting better.

I emailed the police a few weeks ago....

Here's what they said....
              "With regard to your enquiry into gaining access to details of the
              allegation made against you by your estranged wife, we do not provide
              access as a matter of course. This information can only be disclosed
              following your application for and the granting of a Court Order.

I'm sure your solicitor will know the process, but I'm afraid that the
              Metropolitan Police are unable to provide you with any further details
              until this Court Order has been obtained.

I hope this makes things a little clearer for you, and good luck in your
              quest."

I've passed this on to the solicitor, and am awaiting a response.....
              I'm only guessing wildly, but I'd imagine the cost somewhere in the 500 to £1000 area.....
              complete guess.

I did have the basics of her allegations, a list of about ten quite bizarre claims, read to me by the DC who interviewed me, but I do feel I need a hard copy....
              A number of members here have done this, TheAdvocate being one of them.

I was NFAd after a six week investigation... no charge...... I have to feel as though I'm lucky.
              Last edited by just married; 2 January 2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, you are...

...it could have gone belly up for you.

From your other posts, it's quiet obvious you have not shut down completely as a human which is lucky again and brilliant.

Get out there online etc and really filter hard for a decent partner and flourish together - this will be both your reward and revenge.

Oh - get rid of that skank first.

lol
                Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

tnx Ivor.

We really shouldn't deviate from the thread, but just to say my personal life this year has been as contented as possible under the circumstances, within the warmth, comfort, safety and amazing support of my large community of old and trusted friends.. please don't think of me as wanting to repeat the experience I've just been through.!!

The experience has opened my eyes as to just where I stand within my community, for which I will be eternally grateful.

I think, right this minute, that Karma will have it's way...... honesty, truth, justice, even, will rise to the surface..... over time..... much, much time.

Starting a new life on cash/benefits/status gained by a FA claim isn't gonna be a life you could look very deeply into.... *OMG, I suffered so much at the hands of XXX the brutal abuser....... now check out my independence and be amazed at my strength of survival*

I'm living testament, within my very tolerable inner city community........ (we look after each other)

A few things I've learned, from the recommended reading suggested to me by friends since my ordeal began with my arrest on 2nd May 2012..... Maybe the easiest to remember..... 'I don't need anyone to make me feel good about myself'.

very best wishes.

JM
                  Last edited by just married; 3 January 2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by just married View Post
                    Thank you Izzy.... feeling rotten tonight, but getting better.

I emailed the police a few weeks ago....

Here's what they said....
                    "With regard to your enquiry into gaining access to details of the
                    allegation made against you by your estranged wife, we do not provide
                    access as a matter of course. This information can only be disclosed
                    following your application for and the granting of a Court Order.

I'm sure your solicitor will know the process, but I'm afraid that the
                    Metropolitan Police are unable to provide you with any further details
                    until this Court Order has been obtained.

I hope this makes things a little clearer for you, and good luck in your
                    quest."

I've passed this on to the solicitor, and am awaiting a response.....
                    I'm only guessing wildly, but I'd imagine the cost somewhere in the 500 to £1000 area.....
                    complete guess.

I did have the basics of her allegations, a list of about ten quite bizarre claims, read to me by the DC who interviewed me, but I do feel I need a hard copy....
                    A number of members here have done this, TheAdvocate being one of them.

I was NFAd after a six week investigation... no charge...... I have to feel as though I'm lucky.
                    Many thanks JM,

That's really useful info.

Izzy x

Comment

This is the best I could find to retrieve Crown Court transcripts:

You have to email the Court and attach (or fax) a formal letter requesting the judgment and your reasons (something along the lines of 'legal research relating to a case we are dealing with' seem to be sufficient). You might want to telephone the court first to get the correct contact information of who to send the request.

Once the request for transcription is granted and request passed to transcribers, timescales and costs seem to vary - an average quote could be £300-400 but could rise to as much as £2,000 if you have the whole hearing transcribed. Could take a couple of weeks - but times vary with length of judgment and waiting for approval from the judge.

Note that for older cases, older than 5 years, the tapes will have been destroyed (due to space and cost restrictions) so there will be no possibility of getting a transcript, unless it was transcribed at the time.
                      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

The Law of Action.

According to the doctrine of karma, for every morally determinate thought, word, or action, there will be corresponding karmic compensation.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Thanks for that BDC

Comment

Working...
                          X