High Profile Possible Falsely Accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    There is no doubt that the pendulum has swung to far and the justice system has decreed that an allegation of a sexual offence when made by a woman is deemed to be true and must be acted upon. When, and usually through the efforts of the accused, the allegation is found to be untrue, this is rarely treated as an offence in it's own right, and the very rare PCJ prosecutions are always qualified by a senior policeman stating that they don't want to discourage further rape victims from coming forward.
    I posted this up on another thread, but this is where I stand, along with the abolition of the 11k sweetener:
    "This is why plod use this tactic EVERY time when they make a statement through the media. When are they gonna stop linking FA with genuine rape victims. They have nothing in common and I think it's the single biggest reason why there is little motion on righting this wrong because the end of a statement is its close and if it's about genuine rape victims, then the focus is moved onto them and you can consider the statement hijacked and not worth a penny."

Can members please consider the above and stop digging themselves into that hole every time?
    Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post

In an ideal world no, of course not, but we don't live in an ideal world, and as Ivorbinwronged rightly points out, we all are sinners in one way or another.
      Now,you owe me one Ivorbinwronged
      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Hi there BDC!

Not sure why I owe you one but I have changed my signature to reflect my feelings if that helps.

Regards

Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Ivor if only that were true!

STOP linking victims of False Rape Accusation with victims of Rape. False Rape Accusation is a CRIME ON ITS OWN!
          I reckon should read

STOP linking victims of False Rape Accusation with victims of Rape. False Rape Accusation should be a CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

In the UK it is not. At best the liars are done for perjury but usually it's either PCJ or attempted PCJ and / or wasting police time.

It's time that there was a criminal offence specifically named, 'the making of a false allegations of sexual abuse/rape'.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

[QUOTE=Casehardened;35422]This is a brilliant quote and so true.

Thank you!!!

It's from the head and the heart.

Comment

I agree.

Even if you got exactly what you wrote, plod would be saying the same old **** about how being charged with this crime takes away resources from genuine...

Having thought about it, it would be best, considering how much the cost of living is, to increase the compensation to 170k (just enough for the average house) because afterall, there are no ******* liars are there?

I'm getting a little tired with all this...

As I'm sure you are all too.

Comment

Yes I am tired of the whole damn business.

Tired of too many innocent people being falsely accused and not listened to by the police.

Tired of the police not investigating possibly leads given by the 'suspect' in interview that could prove his innocence

Tired of the police sometimes hiding evidence that can help the defence.

Tired of the police lying to witnesses helpful to the defence, claiming they are now witnesses for the Crown and cannot talk to the defence (no property in a witness)

Tired of visiting innocent guys in prison

Tired of working on appeals against conviction, knowing the client to be innocent but that there are no grounds as according to procedures and rules of admissibility of evidence you are not allowed to prove it.

Tired of attending appeals that fail when it is clear from the verbal giving of the judgement that the judges know that this appellant is innocent but even they cannot do anything about it as it all revolves around procedures and rules of evidence

This must be one of the most depressing and demoralising jobs around.

But hey! When we have a win it's like we've won the lottery!

Comment

I know there are many people who echo what you think RF and thank heavens for people like you, who take the time and effort to see what others can't.
                  And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

oh RF. Take a step back and look at what you have achieved. You are a superstar!
                    We love you and are exceptionally and unjustifiably proud of you.
                    BIG HUGS xxx

Comment

Tired.

Wow - never imagined it in that depth.

You are a good human being.

When your finally crushed by this weight and have to leave, that's when I'll be hoping that you win the lottery. The very next day!

Comment

Thanks ladies and Ivor, but it really is very frustrating. Time and again people come on here (or I meet them in my work) who believe they are the first to want to change the way things are; the way these cases are 'investigated; change rules of admissibility in evidence; bring the police to task when they fail to follow their own guidelines..... etc.... etc.... etc

The truth of the matter is that people HAVE been banding together, talking with MPs, had questions asked in Parliament, they have tried to do so much for years. I know when I first came on the FA scene I was quick to learn that things were being campaigned and lobbied for, still are. And still nothing is being done by the authorities. They just will not listen - not the ones who are against us.

I have an idea that with the Jimmy Savile business eyes might now be opened. Over 500 people have stepped forward to complain about him or others in the same time era and they were all 'scared' to step forward before. Somebody somewhere will see that this is a load of old cobblers.

Yes some people may well have been sexually abused by him and others. I was in show business from 1977 until the mid 1990's and I was regularly touched up and also lost work because I would not oblige certain agents. I made damn sure that people knew about it so that others would be careful around certain people.

As in many walks of life there is/was a lot of promiscuity in show business including, as they were called back then, the 'groupies'. I am sure these are some that are coming forward now with pound signs in their eyes. I bet that at the time they clocked their experiences with the various 'stars' as trophies and bragged about it. Now they know they can make money out of it thanks to the media, so we can expect thousands before the end of 2013. I would bet that most of the time the guys had no idea how old the girls were as they would make themselves up to look older, just so that they could get into the clubs.

Back to the Savile debacle, hopefully it will become clear that there ARE bandwagon jumpers who have made allegations against people they have never even met. Hopefully even the Rape Crisis groups will begin to see that this is now out of control.

I speak to so many people on the phone and via email where I can tell from what they say or how they say it, that this is a false allegation. The people who are guilty and who try to hide among the innocent are usually quite easy to spot after a few minutes - if I'm lucky.

I have wasted a lot of time undertaking prison visits, and often after five minutes I'm sat there thinking "I've travelled all this way to listen to this lying pervert wriggle out of his sentence". That's the other side of my job that is depressing.

Oh, and I hate it when I get letters from inmates via other people from somebody who has done some of it but was fitted up for the rest. I have to draw the line somewhere. One guy was absolutely disgusted when I said I didn't have time to help him. He reckoned he had done the indecent assaults but not the rapes. Ermmmm sorry but most of my work I do for a big fat zlich, diddly squat, nil, nada, no money. I think I have a right to choose where I do my pro bono work and for whom.

If I believe somebody is 100% innocent of the allegations as charged then I'll go to the ends of the earth and keep trying until there is nowhere left to go. Those who are 'a little bit guilty' can go elsewhere. I just do not have time for them.

GGGRRRRR! AAARRGGHH!

That's better!
                        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 2 January 2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Excellent post, RF!
                          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Thanks. I'm also a tad pis*ed off when people come on here ranting that nobody is doing anything and they believe they can rally the troups to change the world, when sensible people have been working damn hard for years already, attempting to do just that.

I know of a lot of what I call 'ranty' people who have written the to Queen, MPs, Prime Minister, Newspapers, Uncle Tom Cobly and all. And what do they achieve. Bug*er! all!

Personally I would rather spend my time doing what I do, attempting to prevent miscarriages of justice and/or trying to put them right. There are right ways of doing that, and wrong ways. I have listened to and learned from people who have been in the business years. It is the only way to succeed.

Those who want to change the world by merely talking about it, holding ranty meetings or writing ranty letters have achieved nothing because they have not learned from anybody who really knows anything, all they have is their own experiences and those of others who have been in the situations.

To prevent miscarriages of justice or to attempt to put them right, rantiness must leave the building and considered judgment should walk in.
                            Last edited by Rights Fighter; 2 January 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

breathe RF - breathe!!
                              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Excellent post RF xx

Comment

Working...
                                X