Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivor habit of effervescence!

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    The implication you have made is that everyone in power is bent.....ermm....but at least you haven't added that the judiciary is bent!
    Yes sorry, I should have added that I do at the present time believe in the Judiciary hence the omission. Everyone will be buggered if they fall.

As for plod and the MP's - two heads of one snake!

To Steve - it is important that you read that I talked about life after FA because your story looks too complex to hold water against you already so a good legal will have a lot to argue against and once one bit of their story falls...

I just needed to give you a little nudge so you make the right start. Those with bananas made the right starts, usually by getting the right legal assistance!

Max. Max Max Max. He's not going to be the poster boy I'll bet. He'll champion leprasy before FA )

There's a smiley as I get off my soap box and have lunch lol
    Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Ivor - you'll have to change your name to 'Little Ray of Sunshine'
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Brilliant! well done Just Married. To anyone else that has read this and not replied to it please do the same. I know I keep saying it but we have nothing to lose by doing this. Maybe Mr Clifford is now learning the hard lesson of how it is to be on the other side of the fence. So I am hoping he will start to see things from our perspective now and so what if he does not turn out to be the poster boy! We all tried and we can all keep on trying to get our voices heard together.
        Last edited by Stronger Together; 30 December 2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to add that I think it's a good idea ST and I think the last few months have been an eye opener for many, in the fact that how the cogs
          of the law turn once the accusation has been made and how you can be named in the media and basically have no rights.

I do think though, that in Max Cliffords current position, he would have to be very careful in replying to people he didn't know. I would imagine
          he has made quite a few enemies over the years.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just a note - I've moved this to the right category.

Also, a minor warning - There's quite a few posts on this that are close to warning boundaries and quite a lot of thinly veiled swearing. Please keep the tone good and please avoid swearing, even with characters removed. There's been no warnings yet - let's keep it that way!
            I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

..at that level of society...

Originally posted by CharlieT
              "This is a horrible thing to happen to me and my family but the Police have a job to do and I just have to let them carry out their investigation"
              Sounded alledgedly to me like:

"We've known about this wretched false accusation for a while now and plod's top brass are making sure that they appear to go through the motions before brushing it all away because I own them and they ******* know it. No-one messes with MC!"

Or something like that. It is a different world and back on Earth, FA will still ride under the banner of "you will always be believed"

Like I keep on harping on, the 11k ought to get put away!

Can we use asterisks for expression please?
              Last edited by IvorBinWronged; 30 December 2012, 10:36 PM. Reason: slander proofing
              Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

What would happen then...

It's true, they will always be believed because I was told by an ex police officer that they're not allowed to disbelieve them, simply not allowed because that will look far worse in the public eyes rather than a false accusation of sexual assault. I agree they have to take the complaint but from then on it should be fair and impartial.
                What would happen then if upon being FA'd, a person immediately made a counter FA against the original FA? Surely plod would have to believe them and surely they could claim a very handy 11k for their up-and-coming-legal fight.

It wouldn't have to be a counter-claim. Maybe a FA against the partner of the FA. Would that be a seriously wrong thing to do or just come under alls fair in FA and war!

Please please please revoke my membership and ban me - I can't stop these thoughts bwah ha ha
                Last edited by IvorBinWronged; 31 December 2012, 12:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Well let’s wait and see, we will see what happens in March. Meantime may I suggest anyone that reads this get in touch with him to tell him of your experience of being F.A.and how the system let you down. I don’t know if anyone saw this but he was barred from a carol concert. So I am sure he is not too impressed with how he is being treated.

>Few, if any, doors used to be closed to Max Clifford, the ubiquitous public relations man who numbers Simon Cowell among his clients and confidants. Still, he was barred from a Christmas carol concert that took place on Wednesday night
                  “I can’t go,” Clifford told Mandrake before the event, at St George’s Chapel, in Weybridge, Surrey. “The headmaster of the local school has made it clear I can’t be there. It’s upsetting<.

All the best for 2013
                  ST

Comment

I'm ranting

Originally posted by CharlieT;35282 It's true, they will always be believed because I was told by an ex police officer that they're [U
                    not allowed[/U] to disbelieve them, simply not allowed because that will look far worse in the public eyes rather than a false accusation of sexual assault. I agree they have to take the complaint but from then on it should be fair and impartial.
                    This is just one of your comments I could have quoted...

Charlie T - I have read all of your posts in the various threads you've put them.

I'm speaking for myself primarily, but I wonder perhaps for others on here too? I'm finding the position I'm in extremely difficult to cope with and I'm on this site because I find the support and advice from everyone so helpful and reassuring, and I don't think I could get through the days without it.

However, I'm not finding anything encouraging or supportive in your posts; you focus only on the negative and how corrupt you see "the system." "The system" doesn't fail every FA and to find someone on here who continually tells us that it does, and that we will be let down by everyone is not helpful in any way at all and, for me, (and maybe others here) only adds fuel to my already overburdened negative imagination.....
                    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hello Charlie,
                      You have expressed everything I have been saying, albeit not in as calm a way as you, for the last three years.
                      As soon as you are able to receive PM's I shall be getting in contact with you.
                      Till then, Thank you so much for your posts.
                      Best regards,
                      Verity Justice.

Comment

I think maybe the difference is that some of us have had time to come to terms with how things are, others haven't. Maybe come to terms is the wrong expression but I can't think of a proper way of expressing it.
                        I know, for me when I first joined the forum reading posts about how people had been treated unfairly and what they were facing - horror stories, made things much worse, infact I made myself ill.
                        I think your posts are fine, but I would maybe not post your bad experience's on other's threads when it might have a bad effect, would be one bit of advice meant in a kind way

Comment

I remember when I first joined last year - I thought that something had gone wrong with the system, then I started to read some of the threads!

I'm glad you took my last post the way it was meant. It is good to be armed with the relevant info. but I think there is a fine line between having false hope and no hope and for me, when I read some of the other horror stories it was the latter for a while and it wasn't a good place to be.
                          Things do get a bit easier with time but I can totally relate to someone being totally over whelmed at the beginning of all this.

Happy New Year to you too.

Comment

First of all, you're more than welcome, I am so pleased that I have been able to express what you have been saying and that my messages mean something to someone, if only 1 persons hears me and tells another person, who tells another person.....you get my drift.

Verity may I ask you something please?

Why is that you see what I am trying to say and do and others don't?

It seems to other people my messages are doom and gloom (no disrespect to anyone just stating a fact)
                            Is it my deep sense of an injustice meted out for political purposes?
                            Is it my incandescent rage at the devastation caused to so many lives?
                            Is it my rage against false accusers who make a mockery of the agony of those genuinely abused?
                            Is it just the way my mind works?

I haven't worked out which it is but I have always felt and thought along the same lines as you.

I know I'm not the only one Charlie.

I must admit I never thought of false allegations and what happens thereafter in terms of 'How?' rather than 'Why?' until I read your post.
                            This has been an eye-opener (three years on) and has altered my direction of thought ie, confronting the core of the problem rather than the consequence
                            of the problem.
                            Or put another way dealing with the illness rather than the symptoms.
                            Address the illness and the symptoms cannot occur.

The state process relies on the stigma of a sexual allegation, albeit false, to keep those victimised by it, quiet and to date are succeeding spectacularly to that end.

Comment

Originally posted by Verity View Post

The state process relies on the stigma of a sexual allegation, albeit false, to keep those victimised by it, quiet and to date are succeeding spectacularly to that end.
                              Nice. Very nice.
                              I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

Originally posted by Verity View Post
                                This is a brilliant quote and so true.

There is no doubt that the pendulum has swung to far and the justice system has decreed that an allegation of a sexual offence when made by a woman is deemed to be true and must be acted upon. When, and usually through the efforts of the accused, the allegation is found to be untrue, this is rarely treated as an offence in it's own right, and the very rare PCJ prosecutions are always qualified by a senior policeman stating that they don't want to discourage further rape victims from coming forward.

Are allegations of sexual offences made by a male treated with the same concern?..... discuss (or search this forum!)

However it is in the nature of pendulums to swing and if we achieve the utopia advocated on this thread, and an allegation of a sexual offence made by a woman is subject to the same rules of evidence as any other crime would be (i.e. no evidence; it doesn't get past the front desk) will this disadvantage women in that men will 'take advantage' of the situation?

In an ideal world no, of course not, but we don't live in an ideal world, and as Ivorbinwronged rightly points out, we all are sinners in one way or another, the male is the stronger animal and I suspect that without the Sword of Damocles hanging up there, many more would be more abusive towards females.

It was not too long ago that wives were legally unable to accuse their husbands of rape; imagine if the pendulum swung and this exemption was re-introduced and extended to include partners and ex's, the rape allegations would fall by about 50%. Would this be a good thing, I honestly don't know, I can only look at this from the male perspective, all I would say is to be careful what you wish for.
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X