False accuser's charter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False accuser's charter?

I don't want to decry the work of the NSPCC but I wonder if they've gone a bit too far in their latest campaign in appealing for 'victims' who 'think' they've been abused.

If you think you are being abused, or have been in the past, it's really important to tell an adult you trust.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/Inform/cpsu/..._wda60665.html

I'm not sure if they are targeting children or adults in this campaign (the NSPCC spokesman glossed over the fact that most allegations related to over-16's) but the cynic in me wonders if they are using the JS case to heighten their profile and increase the inflow of funds into the charity.

On the other hand, if there is a surge of referred cases as a result of this, then the justice system will have to be a little more selective as to which they take on or be swamped.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

It's coming up to Christmas and charities are trying new ways to get people to donate. This is basically another attempt at that I reckon...
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

It all seems to come down to money. Gone are the days where you put some change in their collecting tin - they want a direct debit these days.

Comment

I heard this on the radio and was horrified.
        They are asking people to come forward if they "think" they "might" have been abused. They do not have to even remember it or be sure that it happened.
        Salem witch trials anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
          I heard this on the radio and was horrified.
          They are asking people to come forward if they "think" they "might" have been abused. They do not have to even remember it or be sure that it happened.
          Salem witch trials anyone?
          That is really scary. I can't get my head around it, all are supposed to be equal before the law - but that's not true in these cases.
          It seems to have gone from the bad old days of not believing people, to believing everyone who makes an accusation, no middle ground or
          common sense seems to come into it.

We are living in such a compensation culture, yet no-one seems to have twigged that handing out money whatever the outcome might be
          the root of a lot of these cases.

There's a hysteria in this country just now, it is like a modern day Salem, being fuelled by campaign's like this one.

Comment

This seems to have become a twisted obssession. Where will it stop????
            Who will differenciate between a child saying "'Daddy touched my bottom" by a child who's being looked after by a stay at home dad who feeds and changes him/her as part of a daily routine and the same thing said by a child who is being sexually abused? Or will both cases be taken to court?
            I don't think anyone is thinking of the greater risk to society... congested courts, overpopulated prisons and a huge increase in kids going into care( which we all know is not the ideal setting for any child to be brought up in). Also , what benefit can be gained from people,( particularly parents) being terrified to show affection to each other and their kids just in case they are accused of having ulterieur motifs or committing an offence. Touch deprivation has been recognised as leading to all sorts of problems including violence and agression and has become a serious issue in the USA. I'm so glad my kids are now grown and I was able to shower them with all the love and affection they wanted and needed.

Comment

Working...
            X