Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you worry about your sons for the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you worry about your sons for the future?

It has only just hit me now bros court case has started & been ajourned yesterday, (his isn't for rape, but sexual assault) that I worry about my son for the future.
    He has just turned 16, & never dated or even kissed a girl yet.
    But I am worried that in the future when he gets into dating, a girl may accuse him. He is very meak & mild & the stories I have read about young lads being accused, I just dont think he would cope with something like that.
    Is it normal to panic a bit like this? I spent all morning at work thinking about it.
    I am going to have a chat with him & encourage him to not have one night stands.
    Although that doesn't make them totally safe does it.
    It just seems to be getting worse with false allegations these days!
    x

Yes, it's entirely normal.

As a guy, I wouldn't dream of doing today what was acceptable twenty years ago. Nowadays you so much as look at someone the wrong way and it's a big deal.

Get it in writing, in triplicate, before even thinking of approaching someone. Sadly, teens today don't think that far.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
      Yes, it's entirely normal.

As a guy, I wouldn't dream of doing today what was acceptable twenty years ago. Nowadays you so much as look at someone the wrong way and it's a big deal.

Get it in writing, in triplicate, before even thinking of approaching someone. Sadly, teens today don't think that far.

Yes, that's what concerns me a bit now, coming on here may have made me more aware I think. It never crossed my mind before!
      I just keep thinking about the worry my mum is going through with my brother right now, I am worried, but obviously it is worse for her. We are both quite close to him though.
      My son is very nieve, & is immature for his age, which is why girls haven't interested him much yet. And that I am glad about I have to admit.
      But he will get interested in girls in the future, & I guess I never realised how common these false allagations have become.
      I didn't even realise until this week that people can get compensation if the person they accuse gets found guilty!
      So I am nieve too it seems.
      Life is tough for youngsters in so many ways now isn't it.
      I have been worrying about him finding a job when he finished 6th form in a couple of years, now I am worrying about something like this happening to him too.

Comment

Who would want to be a male in this country???

Bigsis,
        The lying scroats get compensation even if the accused is acquitted and worse can get it even if it never goes to trial!!!

The best thing you can do for your son is to involve him with what is going on with your brother.
        Be frank and honest with him, hide nothing.

This is the best contraceptive for any man today.
        There is a witch hunt of men going on in this country and I will not pull my punches when I say; No male, regardless of age or status is safe or immune from being sacrificed on the altar of false allegations.

We women must be prepared to go in to battle with our own gender to get this abomination stopped.
        They are a disgrace to our gender but worse, they are destroying thousands of innocent men's lives year on year and the situation is getting worse.

I am thankful my body wouldn't let me have children, not how things are now.

I may not have dropped a sprog but I can empathise with mothers of young men.
        We live in dangerous and terrifying times.

Verity
        Last edited by Verity; 12 April 2011, 07:21 PM. Reason: Spellings **** tonight!!!

Comment

The lying scroats get compensation even if the accused is acquitted and worse can get it even if it never goes to trial!!!

Oh my goodness you're kidding??
          I wonder if that's why the girl that accused my brother accused someone else at the end of last year.
          I wonder if anyone has researched just how many people have claimed compensation when they have accused someone, but it hasn't gone to court.
          I seriously hope the judge stops this family getting compensation. I'm sure they can stop it?

Yes I do need to speak to my son more about it all. He knows what's happening as he is there when bro & mum are here & we are talking about it. Plus the social worker came & questioned him & my daughter when bro was first accused. Told me bro shouldn't ever be here on his own with my daughter! Darn cheek!
          But I just need to make him aware what can happen. It's hard to get the balance right, it's not like I want him to not trust women.
          Last edited by Bigsister; 12 April 2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

a great mom

i am so worried for my mom and my sister... i will not tell them about this... hopefully this will all blow over before it gets too out of hand... but... hard to say

if something ever happens to me... i want my mom to disown me

Comment

Originally posted by psychotic View Post
              i am so worried for my mom and my sister... i will not tell them about this... hopefully this will all blow over before it gets too out of hand... but... hard to say

I have sat opposite too many men in prison who are trying to appeal their convictions who have been too embarrassed to tell family members who could have helped at trial - but they never got the chance to help as they didn't know about the allegations until it was too late. That evidence cannot be brought at appeal because it was available at the time of the trial and it was the defendant's choice not to make use of it.

Psychotic, if you are up for trial and your family can give material evidence then you will have to bite the bullet and tell them so they can help you.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by psychotic View Post

Most mums would find that very hard to do, & in fact make them feel 10 times worse. If it was my son I would want to swap places with him, not never see him again!

Comment

Alas, many people are disowned by their mothers and I don't think it's really something anyone would really want happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
                    Alas, many people are disowned by their mothers and I don't think it's really something anyone would really want happen to them.
                    How horrid. Some people get dealt a right crud hand of cards in life dont they

Comment

Trust, but be carefu withl whom you place your trust with.

Originally posted by Bigsister View Post

Oh my goodness you're kidding??
                      I wonder if that's why the girl that accused my brother accused someone else at the end of last year.
                      I wonder if anyone has researched just how many people have claimed compensation when they have accused someone, but it hasn't gone to court.
                      I seriously hope the judge stops this family getting compensation. I'm sure they can stop it?

Yes I do need to speak to my son more about it all. He knows what's happening as he is there when bro & mum are here & we are talking about it. Plus the social worker came & questioned him & my daughter when bro was first accused. Told me bro shouldn't ever be here on his own with my daughter! Darn cheek!
                      But I just need to make him aware what can happen. It's hard to get the balance right, it's not like I want him to not trust women.
                      According to endviolenceagainstwomen, a woman is raped every nine minutes in the UK. With 11k compensation available for each victim, why is the UK not paying out the £642 829 000 that it ought to by it's own guidelines?
                      Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsister View Post
                        Scroats! lmao, haven't heard that word since i was in first year, lol the memorys! Such a wonderful word, and its not used nearly enough. I'm gonna try and fit into a sentence today!
                        Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

The trial that was dumped last week and the defendant was formally acquitted today - the accuser will STILL get some form of compensation courtesy of the tax payer despite the fact the reason it was dropped is that she is completely "unreliable".

That is what our QC told our guy and his wife after the hearing this morning.
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                          X