Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are the police meant to inform the girlfriend or household of the allegations against thier partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the police meant to inform the girlfriend or household of the allegations against thier partner?

i a young lady with two girls- one 3yr and a newborn 14 weeks old with my newish partner. he came home one night last week and told me he got arrested in town in the afternoon being accused of raping a girl at a house party. and he out on bail he got to go back to police station in dec. i dont know weather this is true or how i would find out. i would have thought that the police should inform me having to children in the house? any info

It's not the sort of thing someone would make up as an excuse. To be accused of rape is not something you'd want to be tarred with, even if untrue. That's kind of your answer: if that's what someone gives you as a reason for something, then I'd take it as genuine.

However, I'll be he hasn't told anyone about you (or the girls) so no one would see any need to come round and tell you. No one knows if he has genuinely done the deed or if someone with a gripe has made a false accusation, so let's not have him down as guilty regardless.

If his was an offence against a child then you'd have had a visit from the SS and/or police pronto. If you've got any concerns, I would say give the police a call in your town and ask them and explain your situation. Your kids have got to come first.

Comment

Good answer LS. Kids come first - but have you not sat down and discussed this with him?
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

also hed have bail papers which you could ask him to see with conditions of bail on easist way of finding out without asking around

Comment

Working...
        X