Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow on from thread in 'FA'

Hi Friday,

Thanks for responding, for a few days I thought I was being ignored, I certainly don’t view your response as a rant, rather an opportunity to broaden my outlook.

I completely take your point when you say that being violated against your will is absolutely dreadful, and as a man I cannot really conceive this situation, but I was making my comments from the viewpoint of someone who would find it quite impossible to continue with lovemaking if my partner was unwilling, in fact nowadays I couldn’t perform if they were merely unenthusiastic.

To be fair to all parties, if you look at my post again you will see that I wrote ‘returning willingly to his home and his bed, then cries rape during the next day’, and with all due respect I will stick with this.

If a girl is at all doubtful about how far she wants to take things, then I think the correct action is a cheerio at the club or pub doorway and own taxi home, or at the very latest a goodbye kiss outside the front door. To come indoors & upstairs, to my mind, is giving out the wrong vibes. As you rightly say, this is still no excuse for force, but the concept I was trying to introduce is should this sort of rape be treated as a lesser crime, and attract a lesser penalty on conviction, than the case where the girl (while walking home alone from the club) is dragged up an alleyway and brutalized by a stranger.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Sorry Casehardened, I wasn't having a go in the other thread. I myself added a reply, before realising I was adding to Sad's hijacking and deleted it. Apologies if you thought it was aimed at you.
    LS

Comment

No worries, no offence taken, (but you were right)
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
      X