Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Mail Newspaper - Friday 22nd May 09

Hi all

How many of you out there read the story in the Daily Mail newspaper today on pages 22 & 23..."The rape lies that ruined our lives"
    It's on the Mails website also if you didnt manage to buy a copy...oh and it's on the BBCs as well.
    It's a very well writing story that false accusers should take great heed of.

Society set to destroy itself

Why is this on pages 22 and 23 and not the front? Or dont they want the general populous to understand and realise is actually true that people driven by money lie - ofcourse we cant use that as a motive in court

Mothers are never involved? its their lying toerag siblings who do the lying theaving and bullying - how many come from single parent families or already in care I wonder? I bet few live with BOTH their original blood parents !!

Also it is impossble for those accused to find out if anyone has said or make other accusations against others

This country is just sick and so are many of those who live in it, and thats another SAD FACT..............

Our corrupt politicians would rather we fought amoungst ourselves than have a go at them !!! nice one Witch hunts are all too common now and started to bite back at those who started them !!!

Comment

Note: Posts merged and moved into the news category.

The article mentioned above can be found here:
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ried-rape.html
      I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

I actually did a search on the Daily Mails website and there were surprisingly not, quite a number of articles on false allegations and mainly from teachers complaining that its almost an epidemic they are facing.

I hate to be so damning of society and those whom we share it BUT its a sad fact that its now a dangerous place for everyone in so many ways, accusations is only one of them.

I know I get a lot of stick for being radical and loud, I guess thats something I choose as I believe someone has to be honest, I dont always get it right, a bit like Phil I guess but no one should take it seriously, after all one learn the hard way that there is little point anymore in taking ANYTHING seriously.

Comment

FG I've known young people make false allegations of abuse who live with both original parents. It's not just children of single parents or kids in care who falsely accuse others of sexual abuse.

As we know, it's generally stepfathers, natural fathers, uncles and Grandfathers who are targeted for whatever reason although obviously that is not the be all and end all in domestic cases as we know.

However, I have yet to come across such a liar who is leading a happy life.

I agree this country is sick and is run by some very sick people who continue to do so. Sometimes I feel like moving abroad.....
          Last edited by Rights Fighter; 24 May 2009, 03:17 PM.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Yes RF your absolutely right some do but when one looks at the statistics from America (there are none available that I know of from the UK) they show some startling figures of who and where almost all allegations originate from.

As you rightly said if someone is leading a happy life when one would reasonably argue any potential accusation would be considered as having grounds, yet where there not this is ignored, no its actually mitigated BY judges who suggest their vulnerable and throw a perfectly reasonable arguement back in your face.

I would have expected to be corrected, even if its a minor point, and I do believe the fundamental grounds for my comment to be sound and with some statistical evidence?

But this is old ground so there is no benefit in making an issue out of it. Nor is it right to label all those in the bracket of being high risk to making such accusations as being guilty - it is only a very small percentage whom are guilty not the majority.

Comment

just putting the other side of the story to keep things a little more balanced:

yes false accusations ruin lives but so do true rapes. 1 in 4 women report being raped (i do not know the numbers of men who report being raped). i may be wrong but i don't think 1 in 4 men report being falsely accused of rape. falsely accused men are not getting the support they require but neither are those who experience rape. i am only 19 and have experienced rape (and i admit that i put myself in a vulnerable situation but that doesnt mean it isnt rape and illegal, i was 16 and naive), had an ex boyfriend attempt to rape me (age 18) and had an owner of a shop not allow me to leave, made me sit on his lap while he touched me and tried to coerce me into having sex with him in exchange for a top. i managed to run away, thank god. again i was 16 but i had not put myself in a vulnerable position, i was shopping! my experiences of sexual assault/rape etc do not end there, at 15 i went to an audition and the doctor touched me underneath my top (i stupidly assumed it was part of the examination).

i may be unusual and extremely unlucky but i have come to accept this as part of life, so have many women i know have done the same, and for this reason it barely ever makes the news unless its a particularly horrific story.

if falsely accused men equal the number of raped men and women then yes they deserve equal newspaper coverage but when so many men and women don't even bother reporting because their will be no justice it is impossible to even know the true numbers.
              "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

i have just read the article and all i can think is wow.
                i don't there will be any changes in the law with regards to false accusations. it's the way the majority of people jump to conclusions makes it hard for the minority.
                (have i made sense there? it's nearly 4am!!)
                i think that man was very strong to have pursued legal action against the complainant.
                god willing, my husband's appeal will go well, after that we will be leaving uk altogether or moving and hoping to just disappear into the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                X