Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benefit cheat falsely accused ex-lover of 'handcuffing him and molesting him with sex toy'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit cheat falsely accused ex-lover of 'handcuffing him and molesting him with sex toy'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-lover-5746514

Benefit cheat falsely accused ex-lover of 'handcuffing him and molesting him with sex toy'

Convicted conman David Williams, 34, has been jailed by a judge after he was found guilty of making up the sex assault claims

A benefit cheat who falsely accused an ex-lover of sexual assault and blackmail was given two-and-a-half years behind bars.

Convicted conman David Williams, 34, told police the woman drugged and handcuffed him before molesting him with a sex toy.

Williams also suggested she threatened to blackmail him by saying she would claim he indecently assaulted her children.

The dad-of-five, from the Wirral, was first jailed in December after conning an elderly woman out of her life savings and swindling £120,000 of taxpayers' money by pretending he and two of his daughters were disabled.

He claimed he was unable to work while setting up a business installing satellite dishes and aerials on people's roofs from his former address in Gresford Avenue, West Kirby, reports the Liverpool Echo.

Liverpool Crown Court heard how Williams - who attended his last sentencing on a mobility scooter but now walks unaided - was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

Recorder Paul Reid, QC, said Williams lied to police between April and July 2013.

The judge said the case centred around the relationship between Williams, his wife and another couple.

Mr Reid said the two couples met in 2007 or 2008 but in October 2011, the other couple split up.

He said in 2012 Williams started helping the woman move into a new home and bought her items.

The judge said: "I'm satisfied there was a sexual relationship between you and her in the terms she described when you told her you were estranged from your wife."

Mr Reid said they slept together twice before she realised Williams was back with his wife.

The judge said there was also a sexual relationship between Williams' wife and the man in the other relationship.

The other couple got back together and an "acrimonious relationship" developed between the two men.

Mr Reid said there were "allegations and counter-allegations of harassment, damage and the like".

The other man was slapped with a restraining order preventing him from contacting Williams, which he breached in March 2013.

By April Williams turned against the other woman and made "unpleasant" phone calls to her.

On April 20 he was warned by police about harassing her.

Mr Reid said: "This from your point of view was the final straw.

"You went to the police and made a false allegation of serious sexual assault, coupled with blackmail."

He refused to be medically examined but went into "enormous detail" describing the incident.

Williams claimed he still suffered from injuries sustained in the attack and also made up the blackmail allegations.

Mr Reid said: "There was not a word of truth."

He repeated the lies to the school's headteacher and other parents.

The accused woman was arrested in May.

Police searched her home and seized computers and cameras.

She said: "I felt my privacy had been invaded.

"Even though I hadn't done anything wrong I felt guilty. I was shocked even he could say something that awful."

Mr Reid said she left her job, couldn't eat or sleep properly and had toface the prospect of social services getting involved.

It was not until July she was told no further action would be taken and the court heard officers wasted 80 hours investigating the case.

Williams was jailed for 39 months last December.

Mr Reid handed him a consecutive sentence and made a restraining order preventing him from contacting the couple.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/
Working...
X