Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Professional darts star Spiolek cleared of groping 14-year-old ‘number one fan’ who came forward after 13 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Professional darts star Spiolek cleared of groping 14-year-old ‘number one fan’ who came forward after 13 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-13-years.html

Also worth reading the readers comments at the bottom of the article.

Few sensible comments for a change,a FA really has nothing to lose,they are seldom prosecuted and not even named and just go on their merry way as if nothing has happened.
    The real victim has been dragged through court,has theirs and their families lives all but destroyed and is also just expected to forget and go on with life,it's really not that easy.
    Maybe at last it is dawning on people how easy it is for these false accusers.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix2014 View Post
      Maybe at last it is dawning on people how easy it is for these false accusers.
      Maybe they should inform the public how much these cases cost the tax-payer - start to finish.

I worked out it was probably in the region of £250,000 for my son's week-long trial all inclusive arrest to not guilty verdict. That was a case with no evidence whatsoever, where the alleged victim wasn't the complainant (she never once said she'd been raped or sexually assaulted), and where the complainant didn't even turn up in court (nor any of the prosecution witnesses for that matter). At the end of it my son's words were 'I can't believe it's taken over a year and all this worry etc. just to prove what I've said all along. It goes without saying, the cost to him and us can never be counted.

People have a right to know the facts so they can decide if they want their contributions to be spent on farces like the one in the paper, the one above and many others we know of or on making sure that the country runs properly , that the sick get the care they deserve, kids get a proper education and families sound housing,proper roads, transport etc.

Perhaps some of the money saved could be spent on training policemen properly on how to catch real rapists and child molesters, instead of taking the easiest route to filling quotas.

Comment

Working...
      X