Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crown now expecting the Judge to let the jury know what rape is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown now expecting the Judge to let the jury know what rape is...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...rosecutor.html

Another bonkers idea!

It's not really bonkers per se just bonkers that it's coming from the CPS.

It really is blame ANYONE apart from themselves. Get everyone else to change to fit their little setup.

It's not THEIR fault they keep making a dogs behind of prosecutions. NOPE. It's those damned juries, they just don't know what rape is!

At times I wonder if anyone actually knows what rape is anymore. I'm beginning to think I should just stay in my bed on my own with the door locked for fear of prosecution.

I mean HONESTLY. The jury are to sit on their bottoms, listen to everyone talking and then formulate their own opinions and hand down their verdict. The CPS want their opinions to be tampered with BEFORE hand. Right to a fair trial anyone???

8 out of 10 victims don't come forward. Where in hell do they get this from considering they NEVER KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DON'T REPORT IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T REPORT IT SO THERE IS NO INFORMATION ABOUT THOSE THAT DON'T REPORT IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T REPORT IT...

I'm all for investigations and prosecutions where justified but REALLY how easy does it have to be for the prosecution before they can claim a victory or whatever it is they are wanting to claim? One person and their legal adviser against the might of the state obviously isn't cutting the odds quite fair enough so now the jury are expected to sit through a little 'chat' about arriving at a reasoned judgement before judging but not to have their judgement clouded by being judgemental in the wrong manner or in their own defined way. It's got to be a certain way.

This weird idea, if implemented, will result in more miscarriages of justice. It will lead to more appeals by those who are guilty but have stumbled on a loophole or error that the judge made in telling the jury how to judge. It will NOT increase the decreasing conviction rates! The prosecution need to actually start doing some bloody work in order to do that and stop wasting time on dead people or those that are clearly falsely accused.

The falsely accused and the real genuine victims of rape are being completely disregarded whilst these bloody idiots play agenda setting battles and cash in their free meal tickets! Stop moaning about the job and start doing the bloody thing is what I say.
    Wow... A signature option!

The last paragraph from your link is disturbing as many members wish to be no-crimed after their ordeal is over:

Each decision to "no crime" an alleged rape must be sanctioned by a borough commander - the equivalent of a chief constable in a provincial force - and so far this year only two such decisions have gone ahead, he disclosed.

...and of course if it is not no-crimed it will remain on their record (which I suppose the objective of this ruling)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

So - now the Judge's Summing Up will be at the beginning of the trial.

Judge, "Ladies and Gentleman of the Jury - this is the definition of rape in law........this is what Ms/Mr XYZ says has happened."

Jury, (thinking and interpreting), "What a dreadful experience they must have gone through. We must remember all the way through the [now unfair] trial, how traumatized they must be. No wonder they couldn't bear to talk about it for 40 years. What a horrible person Mr/Ms ABC must be to even think about doing that let alone doing it. It's obvious s/he can't face the attacker and has to sob quietly behind a screen."
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
      X