Women Against Rape (WAR) comments today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Against Rape (WAR) comments today

The announcement today of the CPS action plan to increase rape convictions was met by the following statement from Women Against Rape:

Women Against Rape claims not enough is being done to encourage victims to report the crimes against them.

The group said: "We're outraged to see the rape action plan announced in a press release today by the CPS and police given that they are at the same time going after women reporting rape for so-called false allegations, with more vigour and resources than we ever see them go after rapists."

With regards to the final sentence, what planet are they on? I'm sure everyone on this site would like to see the CPS and police going after false accusers with EQUAL vigour and resources as they do against rapists.

HTW

Oops. Didn't see Is There Justice?'s other thread on this in the "Rape in the news" sub-forum. Apologies.

Comment

Think we are both on the ball, better than missing it

Comment

I've put off commenting all day...

Needed to semi-formulate a reply.

I found the articles with regards to this rather odd.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...cus-on-accused

Not for a single second was I under the impression that anyone other than myself was the sole person being looked at by the Police. I was charged after about 2 hours of interview (Scotland). There were issues which were raised to the Police but never followed up or used in anyway to substantiate my position over my false accusers.

This latest article is really a non-article...

'Smoke and mirrors' springs to mind. The CPS are using one of many womens groups to detract from the fact that the prosecution and conviction rates aren't following their pre-determined spiral into oblivion.

I don't have access to the facts and figures and I don't suppose that the womens groups do either although they'll no doubt have access to enough information (public info) in which to form their opinions. There actual opinions can be manipulated by the information providers. There is nothing like publishing some bad information, getting some out cry from various interested parties and then putting weight on the Government to invest more cash or make the laws even looser.

The CPS are attempting to turn an extreme negative to their advantage. They have FAILED and yet want to come away from it smelling of roses. They are using a womens action group to more or less blatantly cover up their failings. There should not be outrage at 'rapists' but instead outrage at the failings of the CPS. Heads should hang and desks should be cleared.

What is probably going to happen instead is that they'll all gather round a table, drink coffee and eat scones whilst they hold a 'strategy meeting' and pat each other on the back for a job NOT well done.

There is not a great mention of why the cases actually fail. Without openness and transparency the reader is left to 'assume' that rapists have gotten off (either down to clever defence lawyers or stupid juries for instance) with their crimes. The 'false allegations' card is trumpeted again to attempt to brainwash people into believing everything unless proven otherwise when the burden of proof lies squarely with the prosecution!

There are so many objectives being played throughout the article that it truly sickens me that anyone can arrive at any other conclusions than the CPS have failed. The CPS HAVE failed and they are attempting to blame everyone apart from themselves.
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

The problem is simply this: proving rape is hard (agreed by most), proving the 'victim' is lying is even harder. Nobody will ever know how many women are telling the truth and how many are lying. Until we all have body camera's its not going to happen. But to say that false rape claims should not be investigated concludes my opinion that most of these extreme feminists groups have an underlying agenda-they want to rid the 'false myth' of 'false' rape so their job makes sense without compromise. Deluded and childish in wanting a world where all things make perfect sense to fit their desires that women never lie and their statistics makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X