Sex Attack Claim False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Attack Claim False

Copied this from my local newspaper. just love the understatement, "We have to consider he's been through quite an ordeal."

Sex attack Claim False

A woman has been cautioned by police after falsely accusing a man of sexual assault.

Officers arrested a 41 year old man after reports of an assault of a young woman in xxxxx Lane on Sunday February 10th.

Thousands of hours of police time were ploughed into the investigation until it became clear there were “anomalies” in the woman’s story. The man has since been released without charge.

“The man she identified was completely and utterly random and there are no links between the two at all,” said Inspector X from [the town]. “We have to consider he has been through quite an ordeal.”

The woman involved was issued with a caution for wasting police time.

Officers took the step of contacting The [name of paper identifies location] to allay public fears that a sexual predator was on the loose in [the town].

Despite the caution, police were at pains to say that all victims of sexual offences, and any other crime, should feel confident in coming forward, knowing the incident would be thoroughly investigated.

The [name of paper identifies location]; Thursday 14th March
    Last edited by myhome; 28 March 2013, 08:55 PM. Reason: removal of name of paper
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Flipping typical, I wonder when the government will wake up to the fact that innocent people
    are being distroyed by FA's LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

I'm sure I remember reading this story (or one equally similar)

I think the man she 'chose' had a cast iron alibi for the time of the alleged attack; if not it would at best been a much more lengthy investigation.

Good to see she got a caution for it
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'm continually astounded at the significant no.s of false allegations I deal with. Even repeat FA's. Only ever had one minor given caution for it. Nothing for the rest.

I would like to see more arrested, less of this nicely nicely approach where they aren't challenged until court. Gives genuine victims a bad name. And the false accusation ruins many a good persons character when its coming up on CRB checks.
        Hope this post helps. But this post does not constitute legal advice, nor a contract/agreement for it.

Comment

Working...
        X