Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long weekend

Hi friends
    I had nightmares last night (again), only had a couple of hours sleep. I do try to sleep but can't get my mind to relax.
    It's snowing her and the first thing in my head were, hope it doesn't settle, we don't want any delays on Monday. Then my next thought was, but I'll have my husband a bit longer,if things go wrong.
    Went down to my daughters last night, she had been off work yesterday throwing up, cos the night before everyone was writing a reference for her dad and she kept breaking down, couldn't believe what lovely thing they wrote about him.
    She was asking me the same questions I was asking myself and I suppose whilst my husband was at work last night he was thinking the same. I worry till he's back home.
    I'm going to see mum in a bit and then get back for when my husband (sorry keep saying my husband but I don't want his name all over, never know who's reading),gets up. We need to be together all weekend now.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE MY IPAD INTO THE WAITING PART OF THE COURT AS I'LL BE SAT THERE ALL DAY PANICKING?
    Thanks
    Hol

Hi Hol, I've read most of your posts.... How lovely for you and your hubby to get snowed in on Monday! Actually, if the snow keeps falling it's worth checking on road conditions and trains as if conditions are really tricky, they can put the trial off till the next day.
    As far as your iPad goes, that shouldn't be a problem, and if it is they'll soon let you know when you get in the front door as there are security guards doing checks. It's worth taking along anyway, the worst that can happen is that they 'confiscate' it and you pick it up later. There might also be a tea/coffee room there.

I know how you must be feeling now, but it's your husbands chance to prove his innocence, his time to shine, and for the FA and her story to crumble.

You might be interested in taking a look at this on youtube - it's helped me and I use it for my work.

How to manage anxiety when public speaking so you speak with confidence

http://youtu.be/tG0DP_bGFfg

Very best of luck for next week and I hope you and your husband have a really lovely white week-end.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
      Hi Hol, I've read most of your posts.... How lovely for you and your hubby to get snowed in on Monday! Actually, if the snow keeps falling it's worth checking on road conditions and trains as if conditions are really tricky, they can put the trial off till the next day.
      As far as your iPad goes, that shouldn't be a problem, and if it is they'll soon let you know when you get in the front door as there are security guards doing checks. It's worth taking along anyway, the worst that can happen is that they 'confiscate' it and you pick it up later. There might also be a tea/coffee room there.

I know how you must be feeling now, but it's your husbands chance to prove his innocence, his time to shine, and for the FA and her story to crumble.

You might be interested in taking a look at this on youtube - it's helped me and I use it for my work.

How to manage anxiety when public speaking so you speak with confidence

http://youtu.be/tG0DP_bGFfg

Very best of luck for next week and I hope you and your husband have a really lovely white week-end.
      Thank you so much for you help and kind words.
      My husband also appreciates what you all are doing
      Hol

Comment

Hi Hol - I think I replied on one of you other threads that I went with Billykickass and his GF to his trial last week and the verdict on Monday. It did give me faith in the fact that a jury can listen to evidence - or lack thereof - and reachthe correct verdict. It's hard to do but try to trust the system. You know we will all be thinking of you and logging in every evening waiting for updates as to what's happening. We will support you all we can.....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thank you

Nice to here from you again.all the wonderful words. I'll be looking out for you as well. All my prayers are not for me alone my husband alone, but for you all
          God bless stay strong and speak soon
          Hol

Comment

Originally posted by Hol View Post
            Hi friends

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE MY IPAD INTO THE WAITING PART OF THE COURT AS I'LL BE SAT THERE ALL DAY PANICKING?
            Thanks
            Hol

I think it depends on which area you are in. I have taken mine in, even to the Court of Appeal although it must be switched off while you are in the court room. WIFI tends to be free - well it was where I've been..... But of course I was not the defendant and there may be different rules. Ask your barrister or ask at enquiries when you get to court.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Check with the court well beforehand.

I'd hate to have to hand them my ipad for safe keeping.

(even if they permit ipads, there are still CRIMINAL offences relating to not taking unauthorised recordings in court, not taking photographs/sketches in the court building).
              Hope this post helps. But this post does not constitute legal advice, nor a contract/agreement for it.

Comment

Working...
              X