Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to talk anonymously in a magazine about your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to talk anonymously in a magazine about your experiences?

Hello
    I'm a journalist writing a feature for a national magazine about the possible change in the law that would make those accused of sexual offences anonymous.
    I'm looking for a man who's been falsely accused of a sexual assault (and been found not guilty in court) to talk about why they agree with this change in the law.
    If you prefer you can remain anonymous.
    If you're interested please email me at katewillsfreelance@gmail.com.
    Many thanks
    Kate Wills

hi, I've moved your post to a new thread where people will see it.

Be prepared for a bit of a mauling - obviously our posters will want to know more about you and where this information would be used - along with a written guarantee of seeing the article before publication and recourse if its not printed as they have agreed.

Good luck.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I've said it before and no doubt will get another rollicking but don't touch it with a barge pole!
      Still here

Comment

Hi Kate

The problem is that so many of our members have been falsely accused, tried and wrongly convicted. Unfortunately you don't want to talk to them. You only want to talk to those cleared by a court of law, which automatically negates what you are trying to do. People assume that the legal system WORKS, so presenting a case to them in which it has "worked" isn't going to change anything. However, if you are prepared to talk to someone who has been accused, tried and WRONGLY convicted....and has no hope of appeal....well,you might find more people here willing to talk to you.
        If you want to present a truly Different article, think outside the box.

Comment

i could not agree more saffron.
          also take a look at why half of these cases go to court snd waste tax payers money in the first place. the law in a lot of these cases is a complete ass.
          this country is on its arse with money and the cps are wasting thousands bringing innocent men to court, anyway rant over

Comment

I've passed your details on to a couple of people who might be interested in being interviewed Kate.
            I think that if the question is addressed responsibly and the conditions clear and respectful it's a good thing.
            Being locked in a bubble of silence doesn't do anyone any good .
            This offer seems much more genuine than others we've had lately and seems to want to tackle a real issue. Hope I'm right.

Comment

I am a little concerned that the email address provided is a personal one and not associated with any magazine at all. I'll give this one a miss.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
              X