My partners verdict tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My partners verdict tomorrow

I don't know how much I can put on here- but my partner has been in a newspaper due to his case. The verdict is tomorrow and I am so nervous- I have a good feeling about it all but I guess we will have to see, a bunch of women from some organisation called women against rape have been attending every day backing the complainant which makes me sick! Please wish us good luck and I will update tomorrow with the full story!!!
    Last edited by friday; 15 January 2013, 02:03 AM. Reason: privacy

All the very best of luck, not an easy place to be but I hope that you get the right result
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

hope all goes well for you.
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks! What a friendly bunch you all are replying so quickly! Please please keep us in your prayers x

Comment

I am.

Lusijay.

Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Really thinking of you and your partner, Lusijay. xx

Comment

Thinking of you Lusijay. Hope all goes well.

Comment

Hi Lusijay - keeping everything crossed for you; sending and
                "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

We are so overwhelmed by the support here. The jury cannot reach a verdict. This really seems like it's 6 and 6. So they have had all day today and now they get time on Monday too. Does anyone have any help on what this may mean? I am feeling such mixed emotions in that I am happy that at least 6 people believe he has not done this- but I just don't know what way this will go! I am happy I have my man for the weekend

Comment

Lusijay.

Try to enjoy the weekend together.
                    A few months ago another member on this site was in a similar position where the jury couldn't decide.

I found these following explanations for you.

What happens if ten or more can’t agree?

If having been out for some time to consider the verdict the jury still can’t agree the Judge will call them back into court and ask them to indicate whether they are likely to be able to reach a verdict upon which ten or more agree? If the answer is no, the jury will be discharged. This is called a hung jury. If this happens in your case your trial will be adjourned to a new date. In the interim the prosecution will make a decision as to whether they will re-try you. If they do, your next trial will proceed exactly as described above but with a new jury. If they decide not to re-try you, that will be the end of the case against you.
                    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
                    X