Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false rape allegation after years

Hello everyone,
    Just help with this please. I was married with someone and on wedding night found out that she was with somebody else and she was talking to her boyfriend on the wedding night I heard the conversation. Anyway the marriage was broken next day and we are living apart since. Its been nearly 10 years and the divorce has been done as well. I am re married to some one else and living my life happily. Few months ago my ex wife saw me on the road with my new wife and few days later police call me in that she made allegation that I rape her on the wedding night and also few time later on as well which totally lie. Police keep calling me in and than sending me home on conditional bail. they are still interviewing i am just worried that its affecting my personal life and also if my work people find out I might lose my job. Can some one help please what should i do?

Sorry to hear about your situation Jack80. Yes, the conditional bail is frustrating. Sadly, we have to wait. My partner has been charged after 10 months of bail. I hope yours would be a different outcome, an NFA!

There is not much to do while waiting, but to fight for a normal life. Easier said than done. As our solicitor said, try to move on with life to minimize the stress that was brought on to you by this person. I have my own way of coping; I did a lot of research on the people who are causing this problem, thinking I would understand why they are doing it and thats the least I can do for the time being. I have also learned to talk about it to the friends of my partner who also know these people. They were shocked and believe that my partner would not ever do that, and this bring some comfort to me which is very much needed.

Being in this forum, is also a good starting point for doing something about it. To learn from the experience of others, the process and the system and things we could do to cope. So please keep on visiting the thread.

I am sure many senior members would have more practical and specific advises for you.

Comment

thanks for your reply fighter. Can somebody else look at my issue and advice me what to do next please i am so worried.

Comment

Hi Jack80, you are welcome. Please wait for others to come along and give their advise to you or you can also read other past threads. your case will be similar to others.

Comment

Hi, have you got a solicitor that deals with cases like this? Did you have a duty solicitor when you were questioned.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

When I was questioned first time there was a duty solicitor and he even said that he does not think this case will go any further. But police is still questioning even tho they don't have any evidence against me. I do have a solicitor who comes to police station with me but I feel that my solicitor is not doing anything. Shall I get another solicitor or just stick to duty solicitor who normally in police side.

Comment

I would look into getting one that has experience in this type of offences. If you put your county up someone may be able to recommend one close to you.
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

yes i agree with RFLH. the duty solicitor we got also told us to let it die its death and didnt even go to the police station every time my partner report for bail for four months. After four months, we changed solicitor which started the ball rolling; as we saw from the statements taken by the police, they only started with the new solicitor. The new solicitor at least urged the police to make a decision on the case. Good luck for finding a new solicitor!

Comment

Can somebody get charged for a one night marriage life without doing anything? Can I urged police to make decision because they are taking too long and its affecting my personal life so much? Can I questioned police about their investigation and should I give them few points which can prove that it is in real a false allegation?

Comment

Jack80, my partner felt the same also and questioned the police regarding investigation; nothing happened, no progress has been made until a new solicitor stepped in that's what I can tell you. You can call your solicitor and pressure him; they should be the one following up for you. Our solicitor also instructed my partner not to give so many statements to the police in case they use it against him. Before my partner was charged, my solicitor calls us and warned my partner how to deal with it and was very supportive.

Comment

Working...
                    X