False allegation story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False allegation story

That's Life magazine dated 17th November has a story about 2 women who falsely accused one man of rape.
    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Oh no.

I can only mention this as hearsay. A friend once told me about his sister who read that particular offering and found that a story (and that is all they are) concerning a rape that "read like a Mills & Boon novel" and that the woman in question was even featured in the accompanying picture!

Does anyone remember that particular issue?

Quoted directly from their site:

"Have you got a story to tell? It can be sexy, saucy, wicked or sad. Just fill in the details below and we'll get straight back to you. We'll pay big cash for any story published."

Need anything else be mentioned after that?
    Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

WTF? Sometimes is just despair when i read stuff like this. These people that FA dont get punished. Never. I need a come-upance story soon or im gonna clime a clock tower. How can innocence men go to jail and real rapists walk?

I wanted to say about ur signature Ivor, I'm not sure that people get 11K in comp. I thought it was much higher than that. I could be wrong but personally i received a lot more than that. I'm not sure how it works but its a tariff system where everyone gets the same or based on what happened? I sort of remembered it being explained at the time that people slot into a tariff based on what happened to them and because I covered different tariff groups i got comp for all included groups. I didn't understand it at the time and I understand it less so now.
      I will try and find out what excectly happens and let you know.
      I'm not religious but i believe in god, Imagine selling your soul, self worth and dignity for 11 thousand peaces of paper?. When I try to understand this my head almost explodes. I was talking with my brother the other day and he said that I will never understand and i should stop trying to understand how some of these women think. He sited the old adage, that it takes one to know one.
      Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

Or maybe its Different in NI?
        Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

Hello.

Just an addition to Amre's above candid admission of compensation and further thought on trading part of yourself for paper. The pieces of paper can be used for good or not - it's up to the individual.

My underlying point is that I actually believe in the goodness of the average man and that rapists are an extreme of the human condition and much smaller in number - much smaller than implied. This does not mean they are a figment of one's imagination - they do exist.

The UK operates under a system by where they pay victims of rape regardless of conviction.
          The Police operate a "you will always be believed" policy and appear to be disinterested in following up on the false accusers.
          When those glaring false accusation cases do come to court, the sentences are derisory.
          During all of this charade, the accused gets no protection of anonymity and when found to be innocent beyond reasonable doubt they are treated as collateral damage.
          Finally there is the money.

The above is an Aladdin's Cave to a liar.

Please please please know that I am not referring any of the above to you Amre personally. I can clearly read beyond the words that you type and can only be happy for you having strength and courage to be on here.

Finally - the award figure has little significance - as if they can "pay you off" for rape. Maybe it is time to get a national consensus that victims of rape shall be awarded a sum of money that shall be donated to a chosen one of a number of charities in order that some good shall come of the situation - only then will the fiscally-oriented -false-accusers be deterred. There will still be those who do it for spite and for cover of their own sordid behaviour though.
          Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Originally posted by IvorBinWronged View Post

Finally - the award figure has little significance - as if they can "pay you off" for rape. Maybe it is time to get a national consensus that victims of rape shall be awarded a sum of money that shall be donated to a chosen one of a number of charities in order that some good shall come of the situation - only then will the fiscally-oriented -false-accusers be deterred. There will still be those who do it for spite and for cover of their own sordid behaviour though.
            I believe that in Germany (and maybe other EU countries) victims of rape are offered counselling sessions instead of financial compensation to help them come to terms with their ordeal.

From whichever way you approach that outcome it has to be better than what happens at present.

E-petition anyone?
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

The cynic in me...

imagines a scenario where the UK sets a date whence the compensation scheme is superseded by a counselling strategy and the number of reported rapes hits an all-time high in the lead-up to the change (akin to the UK utility share sell-off mad rush to deliver the option envelope of the eighties).

Hit with a potential bill of many millions only then will the bean-counters pressure Plod into smoking out the liars.

E-petition - great idea?

Can we have two - one for compulsory paternity testing at birth too?

Just had to go back and check the thread there. Would not want to hijack and hurt someone's feelings with ideas like the above when they are asking for assistance and understanding. It's a general thread so I am happy to keep the above included.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                I believe that in Germany (and maybe other EU countries) victims of rape are offered counselling sessions instead of financial compensation to help them come to terms with their ordeal.

From whichever way you approach that outcome it has to be better than what happens at present.

E-petition anyone?
                Thats a brillant idea. Money doesn't help at all. Counselling its a far better method. In Belfast, There is one group that deals with all sexual things. There appointments have a 3 month waiting list.. Counselling would help people and make a better life for them.
                But if you FA and get counselling sessions as a reward you mightn't be so quick to ruin someones life.
                I really love this idea. Forget an e-patison I'm a right to my mp lol

Comment

True eloquence.

Originally posted by Amre View Post
                  But if you FA and get counselling sessions as a reward you mightn't be so quick to ruin someones life.
                  I really love this idea
                  What a great way of putting it, Amre.

Comment

Originally posted by Amre View Post
                    Thats a brillant idea. Money doesn't help at all. Counselling its a far better method. In Belfast, There is one group that deals with all sexual things. There appointments have a 3 month waiting list.. Counselling would help people and make a better life for them.
                    I really love this idea. Forget an e-patison I'm a right to my mp lol

That petition has been sent in so many times before. They always come back with the same stock answer that victims of other types of crime get financially compensated and there is no need to change this.

Nobody asked them to change that however, those in power do not seem to be able to join up the dots - False allegations with and often without a conviction EQUALS MONEY.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                    X