Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False rape- Dissertation

Hi everyone,

My name is Christian Baker- I'm a soon to be third year student studying Broadcast journalism at Nottingham Trent university- I'm currently in the planning stage of my dissertation which comes in the form of a 10 minute television documentary or a 15 minute radio documentary.

I've decided to look into false rape accusations and also into the psychological and emotional after effects when someone is accused. The reason i have picked this specific topic is for two reasons

1) I close friend of mine was accused of rape at the age of 16 and it affected him and our friendship group quite deeply.

2) As i'm sure many of you are aware - Aisha Mather a fellow NTU student was recently sentenced to two years in a YOI for a false rape accusation - Aisha was my flat mate last year.

I realise that this is an extremely personal ordeal for many people but any help i could get into this would be very much appreciated. Ideally i would like to speak to a lawyer dealing with cases such as this, someone who's case has been dropped AFTER going to court, someone who still denies rape after a conviction and everyone else in between.

I would also like to speak to someone who was imprisoned after falsely accused someone but am currently looking down other avenues for this.

Sadly i'm not in a position to offer any financial incentives for talking to me however i can offer the opportunity that this side of the story will get told thoroughly, furthermore all my course's dissertations are sent to the BBC and Channel 4 for possible broadcast on TV or radio.

I can also assure people that if they wish not to be identified that it's possible and that i will take the upmost care to respect their privacy and feelings.

If you personally can't help but know someone who may be able to please don't hesitate to contact me also!

As i'm aware my private message function is disabled but i think people can still email me- If not post under here and i will get in contact with you.

Thanks in advance and i'm happy to take any questions that people may have!

Hi, thanks for posting - if anyone would like to contact you - they can do it through the mods and we can forward on contact details.

I hope you get a lot of replies, we need more people to bring these injustices to fore.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

RFLH would you be so kind as to get this young man's contact details so we can post this on the private forum?
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Done. Check your email RF.

Comment

good grief - I only went to grate a courgette! Thanks LS!
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Is that a euphemism RFLH??!!!!

Comment

How big was the courgette? Some of them can take hours to grate, y'know.....

Comment

stop picking on me - it was actually a small courgette - one that I grew myself - plucked by my own fair hand!

Comment

Christian

One of the members from the private forum has sent you this message:

Hi Christian, I take my hat off to you for choosing such a sensitive subject for your dissertation and I hope by posting this you'll be able to get as much information as possible.

I'm glad to see that you also want to focus on the emotional and psychological effects of the falsely accused as these indeed are the true victims!

I'm sure the general public underestimate the psychological damage that the falsley accused go through.

Some might think that once a Not Guilty verdict is given, they can just get on with the rest of their lives - oh how I wish this was true, much easier said than done!

This is what breaks my heart.........the falsely accused who are wrongly convicted, my heart just goes out to them and their families, not a day goes by where I'm not grateful for our verdict and think to myself 'there by the grace of God go I'.

I sometimes wonder, will we ever get over such allegations and ever be able to fully trust people again?

I'm very sorry to hear about your two friends.....might their freinds and families like to join us here for support perhaps?

Good luck to you young man in your future career. And thank you for having the courage to stand up for the true victims by creating a platform for making people aware that this does happen and for the truth to be heard!

Comment

Originally posted by christianbaker0 View Post
                    Hi everyone,

As i'm aware my private message function is disabled but i think people can still email me- If not post under here and i will get in contact with you.

Thanks in advance and i'm happy to take any questions that people may have!

It seems that you can be emailed so I have sent you one!

Comment

Thanks to all for the well wishes and advice so far- Hopefully over the coming weeks i will be talking to many of you in more detail!

Comment

Christian, email sent.

Comment

Hoochychick,
                          This thread is for someone writing a dissertation.

Your posts have been moved here:
                          http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...8288#post18288

Please respond there.

Comment

All,

To keep you all in the loop here is the progress so far made. The dissertation proposal was given the OK by the powers that be at the University and I'm moving forward with multiple lines of enquiry.

So far confirmed is a Psychologist to discuss two things

1) The motives and reasons behind someone falsely accusing
                            2) the detrimental effects that being falsely accused has.

I am also talking to a mother of someone who was falsely accused and was NAF'd. It seems pertinent to look at how this effects the wider family unit as well as the individual.

I am also going to be speaking to rape crisis to discuss how false accusations are detrimental to real cases of rape and to look into how they are going to set about stopping it.

I'm currently in discussions with MP Lynne Featherstone whom as an equality minister under the current government was around the table when the pre-election pledge of anonymity for defendants in sexual offence cases was scraped.

I will also be talking to police officers and lawyers.

Also I’ve received many messages of support and would just like to thank everyone who has been in contact. As my research and work builds up pace i may be in contact with many of you, asking questions and gaining views.

if you have any queries, questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

C

Comment

its good to see you making progress and I hope that some of our members will benefit you.

Please keep us in the loop and of course we eagerly await the finished work.

And thank you for doing this, hopefully it will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X