Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CAUTION???? Surely that is a joke.

False High Wycombe rape report woman cautioned
    A woman who lied to Buckinghamshire detectives claiming she was raped, has been cautioned by police.

The 20-year-old reported being attacked in High Wycombe in the early hours of Sunday.

But following an investigation detectives found the incident had never taken place.

The woman was arrested on suspicion of wasting police time on Tuesday and after admitting making up the attack was cautioned by officers.

Det Ch Insp Rebecca Mears from Thames Valley Police said: "Stranger rapes are very rare and all such allegations are taken extremely seriously.

"All calls to the police are treated as genuine unless proven otherwise but we will not hesitate to prosecute people who make false allegations.

"Not only do false rape allegations cost a great deal of public money, but they result in officers having less time to investigate real crimes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-11594256

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
    all such allegations are taken extremely seriously.
    Yeah, we know exactly how seriously you plods take "such allegations."

I suggest she's hit the nail right on the head, if you read that line again.

Surround it with "When a money-grabbing, lying toe-rag decides to get one over on someone else, and get some tax-free money of life-changing proportions into the bargain, rest assured we will take the allegation very seriously."

"So seriously, in fact, that you may lie through your teeth, but you could reliably set up an account with Coutts, safe in the knowledge that no matter what evidence your victim comes up with, we will enable him to be well-and-truly stitched up with no hope of escape." Then it makes sense.

I'm waiting for someone to call Rentokil - there's an infestation within all 43 police forces here. Each one's FULL OF RATS.
    Last edited by LS; 21 October 2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

She's not been named either which I think is wrong. Does anybody know there's a rat on the forum???
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I don't think any have registered .......

Comment

"Just browsing."

Comment

Stop with the pictures of RATS! Or put a warning. PLEASE!

maybe it was just a caution because no one was accused of the rape and she admitted it was a lie fairly quickly? also we only get a very brief overview of the case. it is completely possible she had a known mental health condition that went some way to explaining why she made up the story. not saying that makes it ok, it doesn't at all but having known people who have done things they would never have done if they were mentally well i guess i have realised that they are not fully in control.

a caution is pathetic but saying that there are a fair few cases each year where someone receives a caution for rape. when is the suggested tarriff for false accusations? are there different suggestions depending on things such as whether they accused an individual, how long they kept up the lie etc?
            "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

wonder if she'll show up on a CRB check?
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

It should show up on a CRB but whether it is considered relevant depends on the job. CRBs show up the cautions/convictions etc and then employers decide if they are relevant, if the aplicant disclosed it when applying for the job, if there is any explanation. how long ago it was etc.

What information is available through a CRB check?
                A CRB check can provide access to a range of different types of information, such as, information:

-held on the Police National Computer (PNC), including Convictions, Cautions, -Reprimands and Warnings in England and Wales, and most of the relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may also be included. (The CRB reserves the right to add new data sources).
                -held on lists maintained by the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/usi....aspx#whatinfo
                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

good! - thanks Friday.
                  And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I'm sorting out a CRB for myself at the moment. Having a nightmare cos they ask for the last 5 years of addresses and I have lived in so many places and have gaps due to having no fixed address. Also having no passport or driving license makes everything so much more complicated. It is terrifying even though I have no cautions, charges, convictions, nothing. I'm convinced I might have been given a warning or something when drunk/manic but I suppose I would know if I had! Nothing like creating problems where ther are none...

Comment

I'm sure you'll be fine - I have neither and its a pain in the bum when people want something - I got a Citizen Card in the end!

Comment

Working...
                      X