Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ann Widdecombe calls for guilty women to be named.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Widdecombe calls for guilty women to be named.

Ann Widdecombe calls for guilty women to be named.

From Daily Express, Wednesday 26th May 2010
    "Now name the guilty women.
    The Government has announced that it will introduce anonymity for men accused of rape. This will go some way towards evening up a system loaded against the man but the menace of lying women will remain until those who maliciously make up allegations are named, prosecuted and given exemplary sentences.
    Yesterday this paper reported how a woman made up an allegation which drove a man to suicide and then made up yet another which it took the jury 45 minutes to dismiss. The judge said the case should never have come to trial, yet she is not being prosecuted despite the trail of death and destruction she has left in her wake. Worse, she is not even being named. So she can continue to wreck men's lives with impunity.
    What sort of equality is that?"

OMG i swear the reason why must case's seem to drag on and on and on is becasue of women like the silly cow that was on This Morning show today

http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/thismor...rapeanonymity/

she is just a 100% man hater ......*****

sorry for the swearing

Comment

I agree. On another post she's been referred to as a Feminazi.
      Her personality is the best form of contraception she could ask for.
      I doubt she'll ever be troubled by an erect penis.

Comment

in the interview she says she has a son ...... how her tune would change if he ever got accused of rape . she wouldnt want to go through what weve been through , but then again you can see how blinkered she is ..... a man hater who tries her best to look like a man .

Comment

I think she probably adopted or fostered. I can't see anyone, even drunk, who would've found that attractive, no matter how many decades back. Then, like I said, there's her personality.....

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that she's so keen to spout off figures like the nugget that only 6% of rape allegations result in a conviction?
            I bet it's never dawned on her that the other 94% might actually be innocent.

Comment

It's also a shame Ann Widdecombe won't run as an MP again. She was one of the very few totally honest and decent people in parliament, and a very level-headed and fair person.
              We lost an exemplary example of what an MP should be, when she stepped down.

Comment

has this woman been charged? if not i really don't see how her name could or should be released. a jury dismissing an allegation quickly doesn't prove she made it up. if she has been charged then of course she should be named but if any not guilty verdict meant a real victim would have their name released if their attacker decided to accuse them of making it up....
                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by friday View Post
                  a jury dismissing an allegation quickly doesn't prove she made it up.
                  Yet a jury not dismissing an allegation automatically "proves" guilt.
                  Funny that.

Comment

I think the moment someone died as a direct result of her actions, she should have been charged. Involuntary Manslaughter, for example.

However, this was the second allegation she made (and lost). What AW is saying, reading between the lines, is "How many bites of the cherry is the system prepared to give before we name her?"

Comment

guilty women to be named

Hi I'm new to this so please bear with me.
                      I think any woman who makes a false allegation of rape should be charged and named.
                      These allegations destroy lives, as the article in the Daily Mail shows.
                      My heart truly goes out to the mans family.
                      My partner was falsely accused and charged with the rape of a prostitute in Dec 08 (oral rape) in the back of his cab.
                      My partner had paid for her services (but got more than he bargined for!).
                      She demanded more money than the £20 fee they agreed and my partner refused.
                      Then because he wouldn't drop her off to a known drug hang out she got nasty and reported him for rape.
                      He spent 6 months on remand and 3 of those months were spent on the vpu (vunerable prisoners unit, sex offenders wing).
                      Where he was in a cell opposite baby P's stepdad and Peter Reid (the night stalker rapist).
                      As one of the prison officers took it upon himself to inform the rest of the wing what my partner was in for so he had to be moved for his own safety??, if the prisoner had just kept his mouth shut then my partner safety should not have been an issue? but anyway.
                      on June 11th 09 thankfully my patner was found not guilty of rape.
                      During the trial it turned out my partner was in fact the 7th or 8th person to have supposedly raped her?.
                      She is also very well known to the police with 131 cris reports to her name and a criminal record as long as your arm for various things including prostitution and shop lifting to name but a few.
                      As far as we know the last person who was accused by this woman was also found not guilty (the court didn't have access to the other people files to see what happend to them).
                      She accused one poor bloke of raping her just beacuse he opended his front door to his female friends.
                      She denied being a prostitute that particular night and said she got into my partners cab because she was cold???.
                      He statement was littered with inconsistances and comments like "erm i'm not sure, I can't really remember, I was really drunk that night and had taken drugs, erm I think so".
                      The classic thing is that at the end of her statement (after going through this terrifying ordeal with my partner who forced her perform oral sex on him for no fee, as she says.
                      She was terrified for her life, even though she did not try to escape at any time or use her mobile phone she had in her pocket or scream or shout for help or sink her teeth into his private parts).
                      After all that she says " I just wanted to sit there for a wee while"
                      If you have just been raped you do not want to sit there for a wee while.
                      I have looked on websites to see what is classed as a false allegation and this one has false written all over it and we can prove it.
                      It's been nearly a since this all happend and our kids have had to change schools because of the rumours and gossip ( other kids saying to mine that their step dad is weird and stuff like that).
                      My partner has lost his job and we now have to claim benefits (we have 5 children to support) and my partner has Always been self employed he has never claimed benefits in his life till now.
                      He has lost friends and what is written on his CRB report is just something else, based on that he is totally unemployable he is 49 yrs old.
                      Our lives and the lives of our children have been turned upside down.
                      Don't get me wrong my partner is as much to blame I know that make no mistake.
                      All because of that one selfish act our lives are in ruins, I know that and he more than knows that.
                      He is a shadow of his former self and this plays on his mind 24 hrs a day as there seems to be nothing we and others like us can do about it.
                      The accuser on the other had is free to make these allegations again and again and again as she has done.
                      The law needs to be changed before something like this happens again and another innocent life is ruined or taken even, by these malicious accusations.
                      Maybe we should form some sort of group and start harassing the goverment, let them hear from the victims of these allegations rather than the accuser for a change as their lives are ruined just as much if not more sometimes.
                      Thanks for your time and sorry to ramble on this has been the first time i've had the chance to blow off steam to anyone ( as this not the kind of thing you discuss with the school mums or your friends and family).

Comment

Originally posted by twinkletoes View Post
                        Maybe we should form some sort of group and start harassing the goverment.
                        Not a bad idea. Hi Twinkletoes, welcome. It's about time something was done, as there are far too many of us with this same experience and no one in authority seems aware of us - they're too busy dealing with cutting costs. I could suggest a saving of millions by scrapping our court system, and moving to one in a country which isn't corrupt. Can't fail to find an honest country in Europe, it's only 20 miles thataway.
                        We're all about the virtual tea&biscuits here, as there's not much else we can do but try to console each other.
                        Never ever feel you're ranting, or taking up someone's time. There's always someone around to offer help, advice or comfort, so you're not alone. It's often the mere fact of being able to talk or vent amongst others in the same boat which helps give a bit of relief.

Comment

Quite a few people go and see their MP's - with varying degrees on success. You could try that.

If people don't get told what's going on, they'll walk round in blissful ignorance, they'll believe everything that's written in papers about people and never question it.

Until it happens to you or someone you know, you have no idea .....
                          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I wrote to my MP in January this year with a full and frank account of my experiences at the hands of the system, stressing the inequities in the manner in which the 'victim' and 'suspect' were treated by the police and CPS and the social aftermath for the 'suspect' even if NFA'd.

It was one of my better attempts at prose, though I say it myself, and I got a very pleasant reply saying that he very sorry to hear of my experiences at the hands of the ******* Constabulary and he would certainly discuss my correspondence with the Shadow Home Affairs team (he also said that he knew they would be interested) and offered to take the matter further if I wished.

I did decline this last offer as I had no wish to rake over dying embers but as the 'Shadow' team is now in power I like to think that maybe I had some small influence in the recent 'anonyminity for suspects until convicted announcement'
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

But that is what is exactly wrong with this society. People take it upon themselves to dictate onto others when they have no right to. The only persons who have the absolute right to dictate what should happen to those accused of rape up until the moment of conviction (if such applies) are those who have been in that situation. She has not been; she has been on the other side of the fence.

In fact, the only situation where she has a valid opinion, is in berating the sentencing of convicted genuine rapists, because only once has someone been found guilty - if they are guilty - does her experience become relevant. She has no right to dictate what should happen to FAs, which are unfortunately tied in with genuine rapists until such time as a conviction occurs if they are genuinely guilty. Even so, it should still be taken into account that many who are convicted are actually innocent, and that is why extremism has no right to raise its ugly head.

Let's say this had been about naming victims, how would she have felt had us FAs gone to the media and expressed any kind of opinion on it? It's nothing to do with us, and I'm sure WAR would have been quite vocal in protest. Supporting victims is one thing, dictating about all accused is quite another.

My experience has not changed my viewpoint on accusers. I make the clear distinction between accusers and victims. I don't tar victims with the accuser brush, which is the difference here. How heartwarming it is that we have someone in authority who can see all sides of the argument, and not be foaming at the mouth like the pundits who emerged.

As said, extremism is what leads to castrations on the corner, hangings in the town square, stonings in the suburbs, and before you know it we've turned into Afghanistan without the sunshine.
                              Last edited by LS; 27 May 2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X