beyond belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beyond belief

A 21-year-old woman drove a man to suicide by crying rape and forced a second innocent man to consider taking his own life after falsely accusing him of a similar sex attack.

Despite being exposed in court as a serial liar, the law means the woman cannot be identified and can hide behind the cloak of anonymity.

A jury took just 45 minutes to clear medical student Olumide Fadayomi, 27, of rape and several jurors at Sheffield Crown Court broke down in tears when the judge then revealed the 'victim's' history of crying rape.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280926/Student-cleared-rape-emerges-second-man-committed-suicide-falsely-accused-woman.html#ixzz0orK3oRQL
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Absolutely astonishing that it even went as far as a court. Even more astonishing is that the "victim's" history wasn't given to the jury until they'd cleared the accused.
    As usual, a judge's comments berating the cps and police will fall on deaf ears and nothing will change. Business as usual......

Comment

Melanie Philip's article, linked to in the news item, is a brilliant and incisive article about the (in)Justice system in relation to rape cases.

I do however seem to always agree with everything the Mail publishes
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I can't see the Melanie Philip's article CS, do you have a link?

Comment

Hi Saffron,

After looking over my shoulder for CS I guess you mean me

The link was embedded in the article yesterday but, as you say, it's not there today. However I've had a rummage around in the Mail Online site and found it, sorry about the long link, but I've never got my head around the tiny url or 'click here' business.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-accusers.html
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Sorry CH! Yes, I meant you. Dyslexic fingers today. thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
            X