Police data protection mess up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police data protection mess up

On my custody record is some important information regarding another case.

in the middle of all the usual bumf about me sleeping/eating etc is an insertion.

It names an address,and an authorisation from an inspector to search a premises for signs of sexual offences,namely computers.No name mentioned,but an address.

This was spotted a month ago by my solicitor in our meeting.He did say he'd deal with it.However he hasn't,and was recently sacked.I'm still waiting to find out if I have another legal aid one.

Well this only really needed a phone call to the officer mentioned.He checked it out,and within 24 hours came back to me saying it was simply a mistake,and that the person mentioned had been informed.He did say that his case had been dealt with already.Obviously he didn't give me any more info.He's taken it quite high up to cover his back.

Now it probally was an innocent mistake.But can we be certain? I did tell him I would need to speak to somebody independant just to make sure the person concerned is aware of it.Also if they can mess up this,did they mess up anything else? Should all the records be checked buy an independant person?

The police do have a deserved bad reputation for fiddling with things.If I had a good solicitor I could ask them,as of now I don't.So any thoughts please? As it affects others I really would like to get it sorted out,then I can concentrate on my own thoughts,this is really an unwelcome distraction.

The POlice do and will screw up thats just a fact of life, however there is little you can do about it and this instance has nothing to do with your own case. Ofcourse you can take the matter further but be warned, you will probably only upset them even more and that wont work in your favour one little bit.

All you can do is sit tight and see how things pan out and thats going to take time. The one thing we all learn is nothing happens fast, if anything they will spin everything out to male it hurt as much as possible.

You just want to spend your time collecting evidence to defend you cos one thing is certain, the crown wont help you. All a good defence team will make sure is procedure is followed not that evidence is changed, to be honest its not always in everyones favour to have a good defence as you can imagine !!

Comment

Working...
    X