Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBS etc

3 years since my NFA and life is moving on

Promotion at work has required a unexpected DBS check (I don't work with children or vulnerable adults) it will come back with my arrest.
    The police know she lied to the extent that she was arrested but not charged for PCJ.

The detail is simple and factual, yes I was arrested on xyz date and investigated with NFA.

But the DBS means its likely I will loose not only the promotion but my current job too.

I have only ever been asked if I have been 'charged or convicted' of any offence, so have always answered truthfully on any paperwork.
    However DBS have a box ticked that says I am a risk of being a violent sexual preditor.

Currently my assessment is that I'm f**ked on this one I cant see my boss being understanding,

IF she sacks me on the spot I'm sure I would win tribunal but that would not give me my job,
    If she doesn't, working with her will be 'difficult',
    Most likely outcome will be suspension while they think about it.

Considering getting the solicitor who worked on the case to write a letter to go with the DBS and buy some time to see what happens and if I need move on.

Anyone been in similar circumstances, what happened?

Any advice?

As I always understood it, only an enhanced dbs should contain any reference to previous unfounded allegations.

You are entitled to legally challenge anything that might be disclosed and you should be given advanced notice so that there is time to do this. The fact that the accuser was arrested on suspicion of PCJ should weigh in your favour.

You need some legal advice and help with this, although it is a shame that you will have to pay for this.

Over 99% of non conviction information is not disclosed at all on a standard DBS, Hopefully, this will not be as bad as you think.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Dbs

Hi

Since my nfa I have had 3 enhanced DBS's non of them have come back with my NFA nor any soft information. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost biscuit View Post
        Hi
        Completely off-topic, sorry, but great to hear from you; I could never forget your avatar, or user name
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost biscuit View Post
          Hi

Since my nfa I have had 3 enhanced DBS's non of them have come back with my NFA nor any soft information. Hope that helps.
          As an update - they haven't asked for a DBS check, so I haven't chased it up, sleeping dogs lie etc

Guessing they are busy and my file has been filed so strategy is not to shout about it.

Comment

Working...
          X