falsely accused for battery - deperate help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falsely accused for battery - deperate help needed

I am sorry if I am not asking this in the correct place, but I became quite desperate. Please bear with me, I might not be very coherent due to the lack of sleep for the last three months.

At the end of September 2014 I was arrested and then released with No Further Action for what appears in my PNC record as "Battery".

This was following an argument with my husband. He became violent and as I was afraid I ran away from home. I had threatened him to call the police prior to running and he started shouting for help himself as a form of mockery. When I returned I found a "victim card" in his name and he told me that the neighbors had called the police, having heard his shouting. He got scared and he told the police that I assaulted him and he showed them a hand injury which he had previously but said I had inflicted it by biting him. During the argument when he became violent and I tried to run from the house he chased after me and almost chocked me and I escaped by trying to bite his forearm (without managing to even touch it). However, he told the police that I had actually managed to bite him, in the fingers area (where the old injury already existed - self inflicted while working on his motorbike).
    He also told me, having calmed down, that the police officers asked him to call them on my return. He called the local police station but there was no answer. On the victim card it was stated that they would search for me at my work place. As we wanted to avoid any problems at my job, we decided to go to the police station in order for him to set the record straight and admit that he accused me falsely.
    Upon our arrival (holding hands and in an amiable condition), he tried to approach the officer behind the counter but he was busy so we waited. During our wait, my husband recognized passing by the officers that responded to the call and took his statement. He tried to approach them but before he could say anything they went back inside and after a short while they returned, ignoring my husband and asking me to step inside the police station. They arrested me immediately for GBH, booked me in, searched me, took DNA samples and put me in a cold cell (after removing my long sleeve hoodie and giving me a t-shirt).
    This was happening at 9.30 pm. My husband remained outside the police station, trying to talk to them, but every time he approached an officer he was told to go home because it would "take a while". They only told him I was arrested around 5am when he finally managed to withdraw his previous statement.
    I was interviewed around 11.30 am and released around 1pm.
    Leaving aside the trauma left by this incident, I was also left with a PNC record.
    I would like to apply for deletion as I was arrested based on false accusations and also I was in self defence when I attempted to bite him in order to escape from his grip.
    Furthermore, since then he started an anger management course, which proves that he was the aggressor.
    Could you please advise me in applying successfully for deletion of the PNC record.
    Another traumatic experience was during my booking in, when the arresting officer was describing to the officer operating the PC behind the counter what I was arrested for. She told him that I had pulled my husband's hair. Not alleged, that I did it. And she acted in front of me and the officer how I had done it, buy pretending to pull her own hair. This image appears in my nightmares even now, three months after it happened. She also described by acting out how I had bit by husband, saying that I did it. She never used the word alleged or suspicion of. She had tried, charged and sentenced me there and then. It was humiliating and traumatizing to see the police officer who was in my opinion supposed to remain impartial, to act out actions which I never did but stating that I had done. She also tried to remove a permanent leather bracelet from my wrist by pulling it very hard. She hurt me and the officer behind the counter had to intervene and tell her to leave it on. After that the bracelet was damaged and I could wear it anymore. The whole attitude of the arresting officer seemed to me very very very inappropriate and as I mentioned before is still gives me nightmares. I believe she treated me unfairly and without any respect, just because she chose to believe that the accusations were truthful. She avoided listening to the real story from my husband. She also scoffed when I only had very little cash in my pockets and she puffed when I stated my nationality.
    I would like to know if there is a way to report her attitude, as I do not believe that police officers are trained in acting in order to describe alleged crimes. I strongly believe she should have maintained a neutral attitude and only read out the allegations and call them as such.

A response from you regarding the two problems raised above would be highly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

After some thought I have moved your post into the Justice section as (fortunately) an allegation of rape hasn't occurred.

My initial thoughts from reading your account are that your involvement with the police is entirely down to your husbands actions in falsely accusing you of GBH and so it is hardly fair to blame them for doing their job as they saw it at the time.

On this forum we often bemoan the fact that the police always seem to believe the 'victim' who makes the allegations and in this case he appeared to be the 'victim' and so was believed rather than you. That he was thought to be the 'victim' is entirely down to his words and actions and he should man up and change his ways.

The PNC will show that you have been arrested and for what reason; this is (or should be) only accessible by police officers and will probably only ever be looked at again if you have further contact with the police. I think it is unlikely you will get this record deleted.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 10 January 2015, 05:41 AM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
    X