Im still angry what can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im still angry what can I do?

My darling wife made a false rape allegation in March 2005 the very day after I advised here I was going for custody and not moving out of the home (big mistake/ long story)

She went to the local police station in Caerphilly location of a fast track domestic violence unit at the time and made her false statement over 2 sittings.

She accused me of raping her on 2 occasion over the previous few months (total lies to get me out of the house and with no chance of getting the kids).

I was called on my mobile by a local policeman who asked me to attend the station, he was amazed that I told him I had been expecting them and would call a criminal lawyer to attend with me.

I gave a full statement and basically showed my wifes statement to be implausible yet was charged with 2 counts of rape and 1 of GBH.

The GBH amazed me as I have never used force against any women, yet I was told she had said she was bruised in her statement.

I was told by everyone not to worry and asked to return 7 weeks later, the case was not investigated and my wife was not re-interviewed about her inconsistencies. They interviewed her work colleague who had been duped by my wife and her doctor who had been handing out anti-depressants to her for the last 2 years.

We lived in the same house for 7 weeks in seperate rooms as we were fighting for custody of the kids and I was told not to move out! We had civil non-molestation orders against each other!

The file was not looked at until 12pm on the friday, the day before I was set to return. I was told at 3pm that I was to be charged the next day. On returning home I had to pack my possesions with my wife in the house walking around with a smile, apart from spitting in her coffee, brushing the dogs balls with her tough brush I could not talk to her or vent my anger towards her.

I had the indignity of getting my DNA and photos taken and going to the magistrates court in my in laws street.

I was bailed and lived at my parents for 4 months before the case was heard at crown court.

WHAT A SHAMBLES!!!

My wife was caught out lying in court but the judge basically told her to retract what she said as she had contradicted herself and got muddled up!!!!!!!!!!

She said she was bruised the interviewing policewoman who wrote down my wifes statement said she wasnt in her note book!!!!!!!!!!! why didnt this get investigated at the time???????????????????????????

her work colleague stood in court and said the bruise was on the other side of her face and in a different place. this was not mentioned until I pointed it out, the judge said to me when I was in the dock so you are saying a member of her majesties police force has lied under oath. If not then my wife must be lying!!!!! He said thats true and I will address the jury regarding this later.

My character witness was an ex SOUTH WALES POLICE CID officer who knew the prosecution barrister and was told the case should never have come to court and the CPS dont know what there doing!! He was later seen playing suduko and choosing his christmas menu!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to correct him twice in the dock as he had got his dates messed up!!

The prosecutor also said if he hadnt got back from holiday the weekend before the trial he would not have accepted the case!

After 4 days the jury retired after just 2 minutes they returned and we came back for a not guilty on all 3 counts. excellent thanks for that, thanks for putting me my kids, parents friends and family through 6 months of hell now I just totter of to get on with my life.

My wife and her family didnt turn up for the last 2 days as they realised she had lied.

We went to JD Wetherspoons to celebrate and in a bizarre twist all 12 members of the jury were there! They came over in dribs and drabs to congratulate me and said that the judge had been trying to get the case called of that morning as our defence had changed from I didnt do any off it to if you think she lied which she had done find me not guilty if she told the truth send him down.

The judge bottled it I think realising if he accused her of lying formally she would be liable for a charge of perjury or wasting police time and as there was no precedent I assume he let it go to the jury after hinting as much as he could that I was not guilty.

Its the home offices fault that It went to court as the CPS are following their advise to the word and not examining individual cases.

Now this is where it gets fun CAFCAS are involved with the family court side of things and me and my wife agree to talk and then meet in a pub it loads of humble pie and end up back together! Everyone thinks Im mad but I know here motives and know she played the system that is stacked heavily towards the women still.

Throughout my family case the rape charge and abh was constantly used as a tool to blow my case away. The family court judge guessed at it but couldnt do anything except warn my wife of the consequences if someone was lying.

FACT: There should be a special unit to deal with relationship rapes allegations on an individual basis and investigate. At the moment the police just take statements and send them off and because it was a domestic violence case it would always go to court.

This has to change, my wife and I got back together and are happier now than ever but full of remorse for both our behaviour, I cant accuse her of a false allegation because shes my wife and it would split us again. Before we got back together I tried to get the police to investigate but was advised get on with your life and forget about it in the knowledge that justice has been done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see I am angry and glad I found this forum, I would like to know how best to get over the trauma and depression I went through that would have finnished a lesser person off.

I don't have any of experience of what you have gone through, But have you considered contacting
    http://www.false-allegations.org.uk - who may be able to help with the aftermath of the false allegations.
    or http://www.relate.org.uk as it seems to be a family matter (and from what i understand), you are still living with your wife.
    I hope that helps you, and I'm sure you will get some more advice from the people on these forums soon.
    ~Jo

Comment

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the links I will call faso even though they appear more to do with child abuse I guess they will still be able to offer advice to me.

As regards relate we should have gone to them 18 months ago, but both my wife and I have worked through our issues and problems with each other and our relationship and have matured greatly and now know how to keep our relationship happy, positive and open.

I am angry at the system and those around my wife who let all this go on with out questioning her.

Still I will give faso a call and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

James

Comment

Working...
      X