advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed

sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread ,,finally plucked up the courage to post.17 months ago i had to attend a voluntary interview under caution over an historical matter(no charge no bail),since then i have heard nothing at all .I just wondered if there was anyone that could explain the difference between arrest and voluntary interview ,bail and no bail ,also will i be notified if my file goes to the cps ,thankyou any advice will be appreciated ..seems like this has been going on for years

Seems a long time to hear nothing, sorry I cant say any more but someone will be along soon to give wise advice
    Still here

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingtohappen View Post
      sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread ,,finally plucked up the courage to post.17 months ago i had to attend a voluntary interview under caution over an historical matter(no charge no bail),since then i have heard nothing at all .I just wondered if there was anyone that could explain the difference between arrest and voluntary interview ,bail and no bail ,also will i be notified if my file goes to the cps ,thankyou any advice will be appreciated ..seems like this has been going on for years

Hi Sorry to hear you have been stuck in this awful limbo for so long.

As regards the difference between arrest and voluntary interview, voluntary interviews are increasingly used by police when dealing with historic allegations for one very good reason it is easier for the police ! Make a telephone call, or dropping a card to inform the accused, is a lot easier than making an arrest.

Not being on bail also suggests that you may be at the bottom of the pile when they are working on cases where suspects are on bail. Our lovely member MyHome has had a similar experience and is still waiting after 20 months !

It wouldn't hurt to contact the OIC and ask what progress has been made if any, I would do this by email so your request is recorded.

Best wishes

FS
      The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Thank you for your reply .I'm a little hesitant to contact the oic (i can only remember her first name) If my case has been put to the bottom of the pile then contacting her may result in ooh aye forgot about that one i'll make it a priority.A stupid way of thinking i know.All these these stories of innocents going to prison through word of mouth doesn't help .The negative side of me seems to have sealed my fate ,Luckily i have a wife that stands by me in all this (funnily enough she hasn't been questioned ,we all know how that works ,anything in the accused favour)All i can do now is wait

Comment

There is only 2 things u can really do 1 is to connect the oic and see wot is happening or the other is to forget that it happened, the 2 may have you looking over ur shoulder for the rest of ur life.
          Some positives tho is that u were not arrested and u have not been bailed did u have a Sol with u when u were interviewed?

Comment

Yes i had a solicitor with me at the interview.He told me he would be in touch 2 months afte the interview to keep me appraised of the case.But i've heard nothing

Comment

Have you got hold of ur Sol and get them to contact police and c wots going on?

Comment

Regarding the solicitor ,i'm on legal aid (hopefully still ,new recent rules etc) They don't get paid to offer advice out of hours so to speak unless a charge is brought

Comment

U will still have legal aid (if charged) depending if u don't earn to much, and yes the Sol won't do anything unless charged,
                  So the ball is in ur court do you, don't you its a hard one.

Comment

17 months is a long time. Our member MyHome has been waiting 21 months for a decision. She too went in for a 'voluntary' interview and the wait has made her extremely ill.

You could ask your MP if he would contact the police/CPS to clarify whether the matter has been sent to the CPS yet or if the police are still 'investigating' it.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                    X