Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perverting the course of justice serious help needed mum of 3 little ones and extremely upset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perverting the course of justice serious help needed mum of 3 little ones and extremely upset.

I have been charged with Perverting the course of justice when i did an act or a serious of act with a tendency to pervert the course of public justice. This was by providing two false statements to the police. However voluntarily providing a full accurate account a week later without being under arrest and charged.

It sounds awful and yes i have done wrong but i had very very upsetting circumstances.

A young lad who hates my partner ran at my car whilst myself and my baby was inside causing an accident my partner panicked and drove off despite me crying and begging him to stop he along with his friend then destroyed my car fully against my wishes but i did not stop them i was an emotional wreck and just wanted to go home with my baby.

The lad in question was in hospital over night and sustained a knee injury and minor cuts and bruises. He failed to disclose he ran at the car with intention to cause an accident. My partner and his friend feared for me and my baby and told me to say my car was taken without permission (stolen) hence the first statement ( they had also said under no circumstances let people know myself and my baby was in the car my partner feared social services may take him into care and that the victim of the road accident (who ran at the car) and his friends (not a nice bunch) would find where i live and cause me and my child and property harm. hence the second statement . i then came clean to the police a few days later.

My partner was instantly put into prison and 3 months later the police charged me for perverting the course of justice. Im over 30 never been arrested in my life never had any convictions and have outstanding character references i was under such pressure over this its been 6 months and i have not slept a full night since and can barely eat very emotional and hair is falling out.

Everyone else connected to this case didnt speak out till under arrest where as i did so months ago voluntarily. I did and do fear the victim and friends and have since had no end of trouble abuse called car window smashed and now i fear im going to loose my child and go to prison i know i did wrong but i didnt do it maliciously and the police did know from day 1 my partner was responsible i was only trying to protect my child and self. I said my car was taken without consent and then secondly i said i didnt know what happened to the car before 5 days later voluntarily confessing.

i am extremely upset and have pleaded guilty at the first opportunity.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 11 August 2014, 07:04 PM. Reason: Split into paragraphs

Hi Missg,

I have split your text into paragraphs as this makes for easier reading and understanding of your situation; however I should say that our members personal experiences are mostly of false allegations of sexual offences.

However, as a general comment, hopefully you have had legal representation right from your initial arrest and consulted your GP regarding the effect this has had on your health.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I understand that u were trying to protect ur child, but u gave a false statement, I know you say A WK later u told the truth but this man has been in jail because of lies that were told not just by you tho.
      Show the courts and police how guilty u feel ( you did tell the truth a WK later) hopfullly u have spilt from the bf that put u up to it, and are living a lot better life because he didn't care about u or ur child or he wouldnt have ask u to lie for him

Comment

No sorry you mis understand the man in jail is the man who did the acts When i provided my statements to the police it was not with intent to get the wrong person arrested that has never happened in this case the right man is arrested however he is being charged with gbh with intent and he didnt intend to run the lad over who ran at the car. My statement was purely saying i did not know what happened and that i wasnt present when i was it didnt lead to wrong arrests or convictions it was purely because all the lads involved and nasty and this has been proven as since i have been harrassed abused and have had my property vandalised.

Hope this makes more sense?

Comment

Also i am a total newbe ive never in my life been arrested and wasnt in this case either the police came to me i gave my statement saying my car was taken without consent because my partner said he didnt want me or my son being targeted by the boys involved then they recame to see me told me they knew me and my boy was in the car and i just broke down.

I told them i was in the car and truth about what happened how the lad noticed my partner driving ran at the car how my partner tried to move to the left of the road to avoid him then to the right as the lad ran in path of how he was trying to move away and he collided with him. Sadly despite my efforts he drove off he was in shock panic and upset and i did scream to stop. Well anyway i told the police all that but i stupidly said i didnt know what happened after because i just didnt want all these people hounding me none of it was my fault.

Well a week after this i confessed all to the police voluntarily. They said they knew and they fully understood i was in such an awful situation they also told me re the lad who was struck his a well known criminal and gang member and that they have to be careful as he is their victim.

All throughout this my partner the driver has been in prison not an innocent so to speak party.

It was then decided 2 plus months after i would be charged and here i am. I had to then get legal representation i never had it before, stupidly i know but ive never had any dealings with the police until then.

My intention was never covering a crime but covering my son and self from these people who have caused the previous events and events that lead to the collision

hope this all makes sense

Comment

Well I'm sure they won't be to hard on u, but if u had all told the truth then this could be such a different story, never feel pressured to lie

Comment

Yes im sure it would of been different too but thats what happened when people feel scared and threatened by other people and thats how i felt. The lad in question and ten friends kicked my partners teeth out two years ago all his fronts are fakes, he has been chased taunted for two years then he sees him driving my car and runs at it with my son and myself present. I know im wrong and i should of admitted i was there from day one but soon as i did they damaged my property caused me abuse spit at me with my children as they see me is it any wonder i was scared to say i was there because soon as i did it happens to me?

if i could have my time again i would do different i was just scared upset and emotional all the way through it and have since suffered with post traumatic stress cant and havent slept one night fully since and its been 6 months

i lost everything and because my partner was scared of them and what happened his now been in jail for 6 months and faces 5-7 years

Comment

Originally posted by missg View Post
                .....................No sorry you mis understand the man in jail is the man who did the acts .......
                Hope this makes more sense?

In your first post you said:

"My partner was instantly put into prison and 3 months later the police charged me for perverting the course of justice".
                I'm confused

You need a good defence who will put mitigating circumstances to the judge/magistrate. You also said

My partner and his friend feared for me and my baby and told me to say my car was taken without permission (stolen) hence the first statement
                How much pressure was put on you to do this? Or did you agree instantly?

The judge/mag may well take into account your fears of repercussions.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

The person previous had stated the wrong person has served time in jail and that is not the case in this instant my partner was the driver the police put him straight in jail a few days after the event they told me to say what I did out of fear I also shared their fears because of what I saw and knew of these people I have since lived in fear and been subjevted to various harrasment issues property damaged etc. The police decided to prosecute me 3 months after my voluntary truthful statement after which I was subjected to the reprecussions of the lad struck by the car and his gang member friends. I didnt agree to what to say I just listened I felt and still feel like a zombie since all this I could barely speak I have been an upset mess since all of this I truly didnt do it to cause people harm my intention was protecting mymy children and self ultimately I face a custodial likely sentance?

Comment

What has any of this to do with sexual assault or false allegations of sexual assault?

Just wondering how you ended up on this forum.
                    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Well when trying to find advice goggle diverted me here. I did not know it was a page for advice into only one type of thing however admin I believe it was stated it was o.k and I could still get advice on the charge. The solicitor states the charge is the same accross the board not just on what part is avtually played I.e small part or massive concealing a murder weapon or some such.

Theres no other places I can find advice from :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                        Hi Missg,

I have split your text into paragraphs as this makes for easier reading and understanding of your situation; however I should say that our members personal experiences are mostly of false allegations of sexual offences.

However, as a general comment, hopefully you have had legal representation right from your initial arrest and consulted your GP regarding the effect this has had on your health.
                        Originally posted by missg View Post
                        I did not know it was a page for advice into only one type of thing however admin I believe it was stated it was o.k and I could still get advice on the charge.
                        I hope I didn't give the impression that we could offer you legal advice on your situation; if so I apologise, as none of us are legally qualified, (though unfortunately lots of members have practical experience) but rather than just deleting your post I left it up in case anyone felt able to offer you sympathy and coping stratagems.

PS Lawlessone2009 is also a moderator but Admin hasn't yet relabelled him!
                        Last edited by Casehardened; 20 August 2014, 07:58 AM.
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

That's what I mean the post was allowed up to allow advice. What im trying to say is ive been advised that it doesnt matter the part in perverting the course of justice the charge is the charge wether its for rape false allegations false statements or even up to concealing a murder weapon and so forth. Im just trying to find advice and support on other people who have been charged with this offence or know someone that was as I say the charge is the charge regardless of the type of offence that lead to it if that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                          X