Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsely Accused and Convicted of Indecent Liberties with a Minor - UnBelievable, but It it True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely Accused and Convicted of Indecent Liberties with a Minor - UnBelievable, but It it True

Check out my sites at www.falseconvictions.com or www.iwasfalselyconvicted.com. I have started web blogs too. My blog is blog.falseconvictions.com and blog.iwasfalselyconvicted.com. I will not give up until my name is cleared. Please review my site and let me know what you think. I have a petition tab. Please sign the petitions. Thanks for your support.

I would like to start off my saying that I am completely innocent of the crimes that I was convicted of 23 years ago. The charges were Indecent Liberties with a Minor and Intimidation of a States Witness. I hope that you will look at the case with a open mind even though 12 people passed judgement. The jury did not hear most of the evidence that would have actually cleared my name. My attorney hid that information. That is what you get when you hire a lawyer that works as a former judge in the same courthouse that you were being tried in. Plus my lawyer hid from the jury the most important pieces of evidence that would have cleared my name. The child in question came over one day to my girl friends house. It just so happened that she lived directly behind the accusers. He came over and apologized directly to my face saying he was sorry and his own mother had put him up to this. Of course I forgave him, his confession has been what has pulled me through these last 23 years.

Six days after he confessed to me, the State charged me with Intimidation. Even though, I had nothing to do with it. My own attorney during the Motion for Appropriate Relief, said that it was a purported statement, and I was secreted in another room, and that the audio tape was manufactured evidence. He further stated, "It would appear that the defendant was trying to put one over on the jury" and decided not to use the tape at trial. That was never disclosed to me about him not even believing me about the tape. He just let me go to trial with an attorney that was not even on my side. My own lawyer lied on the stand. The judge agreed with him about the tape being made up and you know what, that judge never heard the tape to even know if it was made up or not. I can tell you that it was true. All you have to do is look at the Victim Impact Statement written by the mother.

During the Intimidation trial, my lawyers and prosecution, hid the confession and did not even have any witness for me to back up what I am saying is true. My attorney violated my rights to testify and as soon as I was convicted, I appealed it to Superior Court. I never got my retrial on this and found out 22 years later what the real truth was. The prosecution put my case on the calendar and I was never contacted to appear. She claimed, I could not be found. How could that be. I was on house arrest pending my appeal and had to call in everyday.

Right now, I am actively writing letters to get some legal help to get my name cleared. I have served 100 percent of my sentence, probation, etc. It is very hard to live with a conviction when you know in your heart that you did not do it. I have been told all along that my records in the courthouse have been destroyed, but when I personally went down there, I found out a lot of information that should clear my name. About 150 pages worth. This accusers mother even wrote in her Victim Impact Statement that, "My son feels like he is in the wrong." This was written 2 weeks before my trial and instead of investigationing it further to make sure it actually happened, they try me anyway.

All I can say is if you are ever called on Jury Duty, please take your duties seriously. While I despise a real child molester and the perpertrator ought to be severly punished. I also believe that if an adult makes a child lie, they should recieve a tough punishment as well. I would like to add that I actually met this boys father. I even told him about the charges. His own fathers response shocked me. He said, "You can see why we got divorced. It is better you than me." I guess it made alot of sense because the boys mother told me he had been molested by his real father. Instead of charging him, the mother was told a lie to even get her to file the charges. The lie was that I had a prior conviction in VA for child molestation. Not even true. I was just born in Virginia.

Trust me when I tell you, an innocent man has been punished in prison and now is a prisoner in his own home. For more information on this case, please go to my site listed at the top. Also, if there is any attorney or law school that can help, please visit my site and contact me via email on the web site. What has happened to me is a huge miscarriage of justice. I even hired a Private Investigator, and he said he could not find anything, not even a police report. I got suspiciious and went through his report and called the numbers behind him. You will see a couple of documents on my website that proves I am really an innocent man. Yet I have tried various law schools and the NC Inquiry Commission and they won't even take my case. I am sure that someone is covering for my former lawyer. Since he was a former judge of the same court house I was tried and convicted in. I hope someone can help me. Someone has got to be out there wanting to help. The only reason why I want to prove my innocence is the truth never got told and it is aggravating.

I can not find a real job because of this and it is not right what has happened. I took a polygraph test last year and passed it with no deception.

Thanks for reading.
    blog.iwasfalselyconvicted.com - Falsely Convicted Blog
    TWITTER - SEEKJUSTICE1

Hi SeeksJustice. Welcome to this site - I was very saddened by your story and read your blog. This site is based in Britain, so although members can offer you support, that is about the limit of the help we can give you.

I suggest you go onto the site 'Community of the Wrongly Accused' http://www.cotwa.info/ (an American site) and have a look at their links. There's also a contact address.

Best of luck in you efforts, I sincerely hope that the injustice that has been done to you will one day be recognised.

Comment

Thanks for your support

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
      Hi SeeksJustice. Welcome to this site - I was very saddened by your story and read your blog. This site is based in Britain, so although members can offer you support, that is about the limit of the help we can give you.

I suggest you go onto the site 'Community of the Wrongly Accused' http://www.cotwa.info/ (an American site) and have a look at their links. There's also a contact address.

Best of luck in you efforts, I sincerely hope that the injustice that has been done to you will one day be recognised.
      Thanks for your support. Please go to my site and comment. Click on Petitions and sign. That will help my signatures grow. Everytime it is signed, everyone on the letter gets an email...

Steve

Comment

I take it you are not actually seeking justice or looking for support then, as you seem to be more interested in getting signatures. I don't sign petitions without knowing everything about what I am putting my signature to.

People in this group have their own many problems to deal with. And as has already been said, this is a site for people in the UK with regards to legal stuff and we cannot help you in that regard, as you are in the US.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

More Interested In Justice than Signatures

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          I take it you are not actually seeking justice or looking for support then, as you seem to be more interested in getting signatures. I don't sign petitions without knowing everything about what I am putting my signature to.

People in this group have their own many problems to deal with. And as has already been said, this is a site for people in the UK with regards to legal stuff and we cannot help you in that regard, as you are in the US.
          Of course, I wanted to show what happened to me. I have several domains that say the same thing. I have one right now called www.seeksjustice.com. I want to take my case back to court and will do so without a attorney if I have to. I do not have tens of thousands of dollars to spend. I could really care less about signatures. Even though everytime people sign it, a copy of my petition goes to the people that you see on the petition. Read my site and if you believe in my innocence, please sign it. I want to get justice. What has happened to me is criminal..I know this site is in the UK.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X