research on prison diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• research on prison diaries

Hi there, I am a student and currently studying the effect that the prison system has on individuals in the UK. I am looking to recruit some ex-prisoners to take part in the study. The research will consist of analysis of prison diaries, although anyone who might want to take part can remain anonymous. This is a unique opportunity and many people do find the process therapeutic. All research is strictly professional and confidential. If you think you might want to take part, or want more information, please reply

welcome to the forum - I think you may have to don your hard hat.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Try PCuk. See what response you get there.
      Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Originally posted by sw89 View Post
        many people do find the process therapeutic.
        How do you know that? Are you a trained counsellor? Are you qualified to deal with and support the people in the trauma they will experience when going through their awful time for you? Tissues and chocolate won't be enough. When people relive horrendous experiences - much like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - it can cause them to feel and experience all the horror and emotions EXACTLY as if they were living it again. I feel like I'm in prison and I've not even been arrested yet - reliving this hell for someone's dissertation/essay etc would be purely that - reliving a hell and if I were to do it, I would want a properly qualified therapist on hand to pick up the pieces.
        Why have you chosen a false rape support site???? However, if you are going to use this research to try and get some things in the law changed etc then that's a different matter.
        Apart from all that - the wink icon on the title of your thread is particularly distasteful and completely inappropriate
        Last edited by myhome; 5 May 2013, 09:44 PM. Reason: just spotted the wink icon!!!!!!
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

My hubby wrote to me every day while he was falsely imprisoned. The letters were full of stuff you would have found useful.
          When he came home we burnt them. We don't ever want to be reminded of those dark, terrifying days. Sanity is a fragile thing. Staying away from bad memories makes it bearable. Re-living them would be intolerable.
          Sorry but I can't help.

Comment

I don't blame you burning them. They would be so personal I couldn't imagine you would want to share them - even if you hadn't!

Comment

Working...
            X