Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal aid issues and rossendale issues

Hello.
    My case is for theft from an employer,I know it isn't subject related,but I have seen there are a lot of good answers from people who know about the law.

I applied for legal aid in July this year,my case is now closed and legal aid has been approved.I have just received a letter from rossendale requesting I pay 1491.36.
    I phoned them to explain why I have to pay this and they said it was because I had equity in a house I was living in with my now ex partner.
    My name was never on the mortgage and had never been on the mortgage.
    I can provide evidence from the bank/mortgage lenders.
    I wish only staying there with my now ex partner.whilst the case wad open my solicitors(Henry's solicitors) whent through all the paper work with me for legal aid.

After we had sent off the relevant paper work for legal aid my circumstances changed,I split up with my partner and went to live with my parents.
    I filled in a cdf form with the solicitors and they sent it off(at least I hope they did)
    I have spoken to the solicitors and they told me to ring the magistrates,I did and they told Mr there was nothing they could do now because the case is closed.

What can I do now?
    Last edited by skippybigballs; 11 December 2012, 07:21 PM.

Originally posted by skippybigballs View Post
    Hello.
    My case is for theft from an employer,I know it isn't subject related,but I have seen there are a lot of good answers from people who know about the law.

I applied for legal aid in July this year,my case is now closed and legal aid has been approved.I have just received a letter from rossendale requesting I pay 1491.36.
    I phoned them to explain why I have to pay this and they said it was because I had equity in a house I was living in with my now ex partner.
    My name was never on the mortgage and had never been on the mortgage.
    I can provide evidence from the bank/mortgage lenders.
    I wish only staying there with my now ex partner.whilst the case wad open my solicitors(Henry's solicitors) whent through all the paper work with me for legal aid.

After we had sent off the relevant paper work for legal aid my circumstances changed,I split up with my partner and went to live with my parents.
    I filled in a cdf form with the solicitors and they sent it off(at least I hope they did)
    I have spoken to the solicitors and they told me to ring the magistrates,I did and they told Mr there was nothing they could do now because the case is closed.

What can I do now?
    Ignore them?

What can they actually DO to you???

I'd imagine that the only way monies owed can be recovered is if they were to go to small claims court. They'd look a bit silly if that was to happen. Looks like a 'fishing for some extra money' setup to me...
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
      Ignore them?

What can they actually DO to you???

I'd imagine that the only way monies owed can be recovered is if they were to go to small claims court. They'd look a bit silly if that was to happen. Looks like a 'fishing for some extra money' setup to me...
      Won't they send the bailiff round to recover the costs?
      At least thats what it says in the letter from rossendales.

Comment

Working...
      X