Please help re property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help re property

Hi please help. After dispute with old employer 14 police turn up to arrest my wife and I. We have no previous convixtions.
    Been accused of stealing documents.
    Arrested at home taken away before house searched. 21 year old daughter told to wait outside.

30 bags taken including laptops iPads cash etc. laptops are used for our new business. We now can't send invoices quotes etc as everything on computers.

2 weeks later still haven't received a list of property. On laptop is evidence to exonerate us.

Police won't tell us what they have taken now it might be six months till we get anything back bail could be 6 months.

Question was search lawful if we weren't there. Document theft does not mean laptops etc.

Why r they not telling us what they have taken

Lastly I interview tape stopped when I told them about the person making allegation and blowing their lies out of the water. Why have they not acted on this it involves £700k vat fraud

Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry but we don't deal with legal matters of this type.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

£700k Vat fraud isn't much.

As for entering your property and removing equipment. If they had a warrant and genuine belief that what they were removing could be used as evidence then they'd take it. Are they allowed too? Depends on what they were investigating and also if they had a warrant.

Simple document theft yet you mention £700k Vat fraud, sounds like they're investigating more than just document theft. Coppers would jump at investigating a £700k fraud, makes good headlines.

Unfortunately we're not going to see any major scale fraudsters (bankers and accountants) in the courts any time soon.

Buy a new laptop. When the tax man comes looking for his tax money tell him the Police have your computers with all the info on it so he'll need to wait. Keep the receipt for the new computer equipment and if the Police fail to charge you claim against them for losses incurred.
      Wow... A signature option!

Comment

700k fraud isn't much...??
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
          700k fraud isn't much...??
          It may seem a lot but it really does pale in comparison to most large scale fraud these days... It's still enough to go to jail for a while...

I know VERY small businesses that have went under owing a couple of hundred thousand in VAT. Your business wouldn't need to be too big to bust the £700k mark. It does of course depend on how the VAT has been defrauded, if it's over a long period of time and is complex(ish) for instance.

It's relatively easy to screw the taxman it just depends how clever you are at hiding it. £700k is certainly enough for a few doors to go in and some people to go to court, not necessarily the right people.
          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

700k? Discuss...

That's almost 64 FA's

One a week and a bonus one at the end of each month

(it's almost 91 for your £million before you ask)
            Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

If they have warrant they have authority do all that but i just want to share here that fraud is Fraud even its 700 k but i think you must ask any legal person for file against it so that it clearly show that who is at fault.

Comment

My home was searched when I was held in custody. Starting to get some items back now but its been five months.

Comment

Working...
                X