accused of raping prostitue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accused of raping prostitue

Last Monday evening I stupidly had sex with a prostitute at an apartment, afterwards we walked to the cashpoint machine so that I could get the cash to pay her which I did. We then walked from the machine to the local taxi rank where we said goodbye and I caught a cab home. The next morning I was arrested and accused of raping her!!! I was bailed to return on Oct. the 10th. I have engaged a solicitor and am awaiting the police investigation........I have told my wife of this and she whilst angry with me is supporting me fully...I am so scared and shocked!!!!

Sorry to hear of this. However, you have not been charged yet. The best advice I can give you is to spend the time between now and your next bail appearance gathering as much evidence as you can.

there are some points which a good solicitor should pick up on though - if you walked to a cash machine together, there may be CCTV footage of you together after the alleged assault. Additionally, there should be witnesses at the taxi rank who can give statements to the effect that you were walking together, and that she wasn't in a distressed/dishevelled state. It may be difficult to track both the CCTV footage and the witnesses down, particularly as you are the accused, and therefore the police will not be going out of their way to collect witnesses that will defend you, but I would say it crucial that your solicitor gets at least a few people together.

Now we come to the tricky bit - she is a prostitute. One would normally assume that would make her a less credible witness than you. However, recent legislation (may 2004) has been passed to say that your defence team are not allowed to ask her anything about her sex life. I am not certain, but I don't think your barrister will even be allowed to reveal that she is a prostitute. However, the CPS will be able to ask you if you have ever visited a prositute, and anything else they like about your sex life/sexual history in order to paint as sordid a picture of you as possible.

This is all for the court case though - you have not even been charged yet. Don't underestimate the seriousness of what is happening to you. My husband and I spent so many hours saying: "this is madness, it's one word against another, it will never get to court" but we were wrong.

Good luck. let us know how you get on.

Saffron

Comment

Working...
    X