EXTRA Licence Conditions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTRA Licence Conditions!

When a prisoner is due for release you would think that any risk assessment is based on 'fact', 'Index Offence' and not on hearsay and false information - BEWARE Ask to read your OASys!

Hubby is due for release, he is being placed in a Hostel, against his will, based on a 'HIGH RISK OF HARM'. This assessment has led to 'extra' conditions being imposed that the Judge at sentencing called unnecessary and unproportionate! But hey, the PPU and Probation are a law unto themselves! They are even telling him he MUST do offender courses, even though he is an Appellant.

Faced with a Hostel overlooking the liars work premises, his chance of recall is HIGH, he is at risk from more false allegations! It beggars belief...

These pre-release problems are compounded by his constant 'denial'; he’s an Appellant, weeks off a Full Hearing at the CoA against conviction, he is NOT in denial, he is Maintaing His Innocence!

Thankfully, he now has an expert solicitor from Emmersons on board thanks to RF contacting a renowned barrister who deals with such issues...

So, first beware of unscrupulous Probation and Police tactics and if in doubt cry for help, I did and my Angel came running!
    Last edited by LS; 23 March 2012, 07:35 PM.

My pleasure hon. I'm looking forward to the appeal.

If hubby is recalled and the appeal succeeds then we can see if we can apply for compo from HMPS or Probation Service for wrongful imprisonment as they are well aware he is an appellant and you have also furnished them with his criminal appeals number. I have a solicitor friend of mine on board for that already.......

He's also on board for my CCRC referral back to CoA.......

I have an idea this year will be good for appeals......
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Well let's face it, if it wasn't for you Hubby's appeal would have been dead in the water... Innocence is no guarantee, in fact it seems at times to be a distinct disadvantage for progressing through the system!

The people you have put me in touch with and the professionalism you have shown throughout has been priceless. Where other's take advantage of the falsely accused's situation, you ask for nothing other than the truth and as much input as possible from the families of those unable to fight for themselves.

Without people like you there would be little or no Justice for many FA victims such as my hubby. The fact that you have so much experience without any letters after your name is impressive enough, but to be a genuinely nice person too - that is rare!

Comment

I can only do my best. It's what I've set out to do since I started. I have met some very helpful people on my way up and sometimes it's a case of who you know, as well as what you know. Put the two together and this is often results in success - timing has a lot to do with it too.

That wonderful barrister who contacted me out of the blue a few months ago offering to assist me with cases pro bono when the client is not eligible for funding but cannot afford to pay - was Divine Intervention. Without him we most certainly would not have the strong grounds we now have for your hubby's appeal.

The other case I told you about yesterday - I had no idea he had gone so far with that one! Fingers crossed on that.

He's also helped me with another CCRC application (non-sex case) - this was after CCRC had closed the case. On his Advice on Appeal CCRC re-opened it. It's now receiving another 'substantial investigation' for the 2nd time due to that Advice.

Sometimes in this work you can get so bogged down with the unfairness of it all and then somebody comes along and lifts you up! Restores my faith in human nature.........

Comment

I admire these guys, they don't have to assist Pro Bono; I know it helps in establishing themselves and takes them on some occasions from the realms of the good to the great, but giving up their time for free, with NO guarantee that they will be paid eventually from the Public Purse is so time consuming and requires so much dedication that it is suprising they have time for anything else!

I admire anyone that can selflessly put aside time for others, who otherwise would simply become a forgotten statistic and another inmate in denial! If you are broke or can no longer get funding the doors are all firmly closed. Some promise the earth and deliver nothing, simply intent on fleecing the already vulnerable real victim and the families that stand firmly beside them. Thank the Lord that they are not the last resort... and that they are KNOWN to many as such.

Anyway, as you say it isn't simply about what you know but who you know. If hubby's appeal is successful we will be forever in the debt of those that cared enough to give their time freely, believed in him when the system didn't and went the extra mile for someone they have only read about! And if it fails, well the same goes...

Comment

Add 'what you know' together with 'who you know' and that's often when things can really take off.

Having a good barrister is great but he or she can only be successful if provided with helpful relevant information - if I get help from the client and/or their supporters and put it together into viable arguments and then pass it on to the barrister - there is far more chance of success.

So it is a bit of what you know linked to who you know.......

Thank God for barristers like the one who is helping your hubby. I still find it incredible that he travelled all the way from Chelmsford CC to London for that directions hearing at CA - without charge.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that you travelled further under the same circumstances!

Comment

Yes but he's a professional and I am not. When professionals like him are prepared to give their all at no cost it really does restore my faith in human nature.

As you say they don't have to do that and this guy is busy enough as it is.

Comment

It's wonderful to get people like that out there; who want to use their expertise to help others who are in a black hole. To those people, justice is a vocation, not just a means of bringing in the money.

It is a heartwarming sensation to have one's faith restored in humanity...people who are so involved in an area of such injustice can often forget what it's like to meet honest, decent people.

Pro bono barristers like the one helping HesI, Rights Fighter, Chris Saltrese, michael from FACT...these people are all cut from the same cloth and I respect them all enormously. Literally life savers.
                  "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

You are so right - Except I don't agree with H on this! She is a PROFESSIONAL the thing that sets her apart it that she is professional by nature not by job title... now back to you Faith!

Comment

Note - please stick to user names, and do not use users' real names on daftmoo.

Comment

Originally posted by He'sINNOCENT View Post
                        You are so right - Except I don't agree with H on this! She is a PROFESSIONAL the thing that sets her apart it that she is professional by nature not by job title... now back to you Faith!
                        Indeed, I agree!
                        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I am not a professional in the accepted sense though - I must make this absolutely clear. I am not qualified in any way apart from experience.

Just so you know...... I would hate for people to think I am a solicitor or barrister and then feel terribly let down when they realise I am not.

When I am contacted by people asking for help, quite often the main complaint is 'I didn't have a proper solicitor on my case'.

As I have a certain person picking through my posts desperately trying to find fault (no matter how small) with what I have said (all criticisms against me so far have been honest mistakes on my part), I am now being very careful to make sure that people know exactly where I am coming from so there can be no misinterpretation.

Some of my previous posts have had to be changed just to correct some of those honest mistakes.

How sad - some people have nothing better to than to pick faults instead of helping those who need it.

Onwards and upwards. I am working on two appeals against convictions this weekend - both have the same wonderful caring barrister. It is such a privilege to be able to help both these appellants and this barrister.

God is good. YEAYYYY!
                          Last edited by Rights Fighter; 24 March 2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

And without people without qualifications who still do so much for so many, lots of innocent people would remain legally guilty even when they are factually innocent! So three cheers for anyone qualified or not who gives up their time to free people who would otherwise remain a statastic of some very iffy laws!

Comment

We seem to have strayed

Don't forget to update us re the sol on this prison law matter. I was overwhelmed when the barrister said that if the sol can't do it on public funding then he would pro bono. Makes me wonder if something has happened in their family or within their friends group to make them want to help in this way.

I have a very helpful employment sol on board and also one for personal injuries (for compensation once an appeal has succeeded - if there are grounds for compo) who always seem to be on hand with advice whenever I contact them. The employment sol was quick to offer some advice to Faith and also to another guy on PAFAA.

It's such a lovely day and my faith in humanity is restored for today!

Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow HeI about the problems with hubby and probation.

Last edited by Rights Fighter; 25 March 2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X