Five more rats arrested from the s*n newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five more rats arrested from the s*n newspaper

I've always considered corruption wasn't just limited to the News of the World.

Today FIVE rats were arrested from the S*n. Just goes to show that shutting the S*n wasn't enough. The corruption is rife within the S*n too.
    Shifting a few desks around and installing the rats from the NoTW wasn't enough.
    I'm glad to see more arrests.

ALSO, a Surrey police officer arrested too. I'll bet that won't be an isolated case.
    Bring it on, the more arrests the merrier.

Both the S*n and Surrey Police need overhauling from the top down. Let's hope this is the start of it.

Seems to have put the plans for a 'Sun on Sunday' on hold...which can only be a good thing
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Wish he'd scrap the Monday to Saturday one too.

Comment

That'd be the day! They would only materialise themselves somewhere else.

Comment

The hope would be that where they materialised would be in a newspaper with standards.

Comment

is there one? I fear they wouldn't sell many if the news was the truth and not a skewed version of it.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I don't think ANY newspaper, from the tabloids to the broadsheets, has a truly unbiased opinion. Unfortunately.

Comment

I don't mind them having an unbiased opinion. It's the seeking to put someone down, or to cause them distress or upheaval which bothers me.

Today I wrote to Tom Watson MP to suggest the next time Rebekah Brooks is in the dock, that it be demanded where she obtained a copy of the SOR in 2001. You will of course remember that that's when News International starting publishing the names and photographs of everyone on the SOR.
                As I recall, six men committed suicide as a result.
                Last edited by LS; 12 February 2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

sad to say in 2001 I probably would have thought 'good, serve them right' - now I fully understand the implications of such a thing. Scary.

When I divorced I changed my name as I didn't want to connected to my ex and it was one of the reasons I did so, I was also fed up of the stigma that it carries being an innocent party to someone accused and imprisoned.
                  And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That's exactly the mindset they play on. They, however, have a duty to not continue misinforming their readers.

Their first raison d'etre is to print news; not opinion, nor to stir up hatred.

Comment

In a warped way I enjoy reading the Daily Wail - they jump from one side to the other depending on how much they can stir.

Comment

One of their journos moans at how they are being treated by the Leveson inquiry.

"Instead of being called in for questioning, 30 journalists have been needlessly dragged from their beds in dawn raids, arrested and held in police cells while their homes are ransacked," he wrote.

"Wives and children have been humiliated as up to 20 officers at a time rip up floorboards and sift through intimate possessions, love letters and entirely private documents."
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17008614

Good. My heart bleeds for them. Now they know what it's like to be on the receiving end of their own treatment.

Comment

Let's have their names published on websites and in the print media and have them guilty before they've even been questioned.
                          THEN they will get a glimpse into what it's like.

Comment

well said Faith.

Comment

"He said 30 journalists had been "raided at dawn and arrested, put on police bail with indefinite limits on what they can do in terms of earning a living," adding: "I think that you have to wonder what is behind it all."

That sounds remarkably similar to life on bail after being accused of rape.

Double good.

What I want to know is the identity of the Surrey Police officer involved. Want to know why he/she isn't being named?

Because you can bet your life the convictions they caused are now seriously dodgy. Would you want to know you were convicted by a corrupt cop?
                              NAME THE COP. NOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X