Journalist hypocrite of the Year 2011 - Macer Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journalist hypocrite of the Year 2011 - Macer Hall

My award for journalist hypocrite of 2011 goes to Macer Hall, of the Daily Excuse, for today's "exclusive" that one in four benefit claimants has been convicted of a crime, and therefore shouldn't be in receipt of unemployment benefit.

If his newspaper and the rest of the tawdry rags didn't stigmatise people convicted of something they may or may not actually be guilty of, to the point whereby employers shun them, then they would be in employment and thus not on benefits.

So my Gold Cup award for Journalist Hypocrite of 2011 goes to Macer Hall for being so out of touch with reality, and for thinking his newspaper's sh1t doesn't stink, while its entire industry is under scrutiny for impropriety, and for being a.......... total prat.

Last edited by LS; 28 December 2011, 06:36 PM.

well said LS! Wonder how many speeding/parking fines he's had?
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Also how many people who work have criminal convictions? I would imagine it is quite a few. How many people were stupid when they were young? (I know a huge percentage of my male friends have criminal records for assault/drunk and disorderly etc). You would think everyone who is currently in work is a saint! Even if we assumed everyone who had a conviction was guilty (and we know that's not true) then surely after you have received your punishment you should be free to live like any other citizen and receive benefits just like everyone else. You can't keep being punished forever, isn't prison meant to be about reform? While I am not saying just forget about people's crimes in all instances I am saying people's previous crimes should only be brought into things when relevant (e.g. being around children). It makes me so angry. This is why I avoid these kinds of "news" papers.

Wonder what the next ground-breaking piece of journalism will be...
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Just found a statistic that says more than 25% of the working age population have a criminal conviction so basically that suggests that about the same perecentage of people on benefits and in work have criminal records. That's some amazing journalism
        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

never let the truth get int he way of a 'good' story.

Lies, Lies and damn statitstics ....

I'm sure there are many more.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

convictions

Anyone see the story about the amount of plod with criminal convictions? i believe that it was about 940 and included perjury, assault, fraud. I was pleased to see that my local plod did not reply (I think you have to be a criminal to join my local force)
            I watched the news the other night and the police made a big thing of someone not answering the questions, funny thing was i thought you had the right to remain silent and not answer questions. Some of my local plod refused to answer questions when questioned about concealing evidence to gain a conviction...... but of course they were coppers and obviously wouldnt lie!

Comment

Working...
            X