• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary Hearing

Hi

what happens at a prelimenary hearing in crown court

thanks

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...e_crown_court/
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

thanks
      my hubby went and is due again in feb for case management and plea. his solicitor keeps saying things like IF it goes to trial and stuff to him and i just think this is giving him false hope as we have not seen her statement or anythng yet. do you think im right or am i just looking on the dark side. he was also given a date in august for the trial ( so scared )

Comment

Now that the process has started, you will begin to get paperwork through from the CPS. This will include the complainant's statement. Then you will have something to get your teeth into.
        Hang in there.

Comment

yes, seeing the statements from what the accuser and other "witnesses" are saying would make things more clear. Hopefully you can find holes and you now know how to defend yourself. When we saw the statements for my partners case, it was shocking the first time the solicitor read them to us, but once we calmed down and I reread it several times when we were provided copies, the gaping holes are more prominent. So please prepare yourself to read something that you really don't like and then re-read and re-read :-). But for now,as Saffron said, hang in there!!

Comment

Working...
          X